To assume that this cat hasn't peed or pood for over 24hrs?

(4 Posts)
TattyCat Thu 12-May-16 18:50:43

Unfortunately I accidentally locked a (semi-feral) cat in our workshop on Tuesday, at about 3pm. He was found by a neighbouring business checking through our window because he was missing - fast asleep on the floor. They have a key and so let him out today (Thu), mid-morning.

So, he's been locked up from Tue 3pm to about 10/11am Thu, apparently without peeing or pooing anywhere. I can't get behind everything to check but there's absolutely no evidence anywhere, and no smell (he's a neutered tom).

I'm a bit concerned that I might have missed something and we hold our stock in there, so can cats go this long without toileting? Poor boy. But he did swipe me today and drew blood!!

BibiBlocksberg Thu 12-May-16 19:14:14

Proud slave to an olympic standard poo 'holder inner' here smile

My boy goes every four days on average (solids) & roughly twice a day for pee.

Vet said nothing wrong, no blockages etc so that's just his 'schedule'

Had a tortie girl up until last summer who could hold all emissions for days so they are all different really.

If your little visitor had left any 'deposits' you would have found or smelled it by now I reckon smile

TattyCat Thu 12-May-16 19:20:33

Phew! That's good to know, thanks! I was worried that I'd either caused him to hold it all and he'd be in massive pain or I'd find one of our products covered in cat poo (and they're not cheap!).

grin Happy now.

Lovelydiscusfish Thu 12-May-16 19:24:39

They can hold on for days, in my experience (for example when they move house and refuse to come out of the wardrobe!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now