Spa day gift ettiquette

(9 Posts)
estya Thu 12-May-16 11:38:48

My sister gave me a spa day voucher for her favourite, and rather lovely. There is a voucher for me, which comes with a couple of treatments , and one for a guest.

Am I expected to take my sister (the gift giver) as the guest?

DarlingCoffee Thu 12-May-16 14:39:32

No, I wouldn't say so unless you wanted to? I don't think I would buy a spa voucher and expect to be taken along if I was your sister

Junosmum Thu 12-May-16 14:41:11

No. If I'd given you the gift I wouldn't expect you to take me.

luckiestgirl Thu 12-May-16 14:44:32

Yep, I would.

Blueberry234 Thu 12-May-16 14:46:44

Just remember to use it! I bought one for someone they let it run out of date as they forgot about it £100 down the drain

RaeSkywalker Thu 12-May-16 14:49:13

Yes, I'd take her.

My best friend got me a spa day for Christmas and has kept hold of the voucher so she can book it. So I'd say she expects me to take her grin

Allbymyselfagain Thu 12-May-16 14:57:23

I think as she's made such a lovely gesture it would be nice to invite her. That would be a lot of money to spend on a gift so I would only do it for someone I'm very close to and I think I would be feel a bit snubbed if not invited as that person didn't feel the same. disclaimer, this is me putting myself in this position, other positions may apply

Chiliprepper Thu 12-May-16 14:58:39

I would say in theory it is a gift for you to use how you like but in practice I think I would always ask the person who gave me the gift to come along to something like this.

nobilityobliges Thu 12-May-16 15:08:40

I would take her. I think you can get away with taking your DP (if you have one) or your mum. Taking a friend without asking your sister first would be crass imo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now