To complain about my shocking haircut

(5 Posts)
Fifitrix9 Wed 11-May-16 22:23:30

I had my hair cut tonight for the first time in over 6 months-I'm a single parent of a 3yr old so finding time without her around is challenging.
My hair was very long, halfway down my back but needed a good few inches off. It's very thick and curly so needs layers. I asked for a particular cut, showed a picture and agreed shoulder length with layers where I could still tie it back.
What I ended up with was a one length shapeless bob, shorter than shoulder length which I actually can't tie back properly. I didn't say anything in the salon as I wanted to get home and see if it was the way it was styled etc that wasn't working but I actually hate it.
Should I call the manager to complain tomorrow? I know they can't stick my hair back on but maybe I could get a better cut? Any advice gratefully received!

mylittlearmy Wed 11-May-16 22:24:06

Yes if you are not happy let them know!

hownottofuckup Wed 11-May-16 22:24:35

Yes complain, they should do a free restyle

MadamDeathstare Wed 11-May-16 22:29:59

Yes, tell the manager. They may restyle it or have advice on things you can do to manage it better until it grows out. Explain about wanting to go home to see if it was just way it was blow dried that made it not work for you. The manager may want you to come in to compare the picture of what you wanted to what you ended up with. At least you have that going in your favor as if they will be clearly different.

The hairdresser may have thought she was doing you a favor by cutting it shorter. I had a short hair cut in December that was too short. I wasn't very happy with it but it was at the length I wanted in about a month and I think the hairdresser cut it shorter as she knew it was difficult for me to get my hair cut frequently. He/She should have put the layers you wanted in though.

LastFirstEverything Wed 11-May-16 22:53:42

I've found that some (several I've been to anyway, and have heard the same from many fellow curly haired women!) hairdressers are unable to deal with curly hair properly at all.

I have very thick and curly hair too, and have had many bad haircuts. I now only ever either do it myself (limits what I can do), or have asked hairdressers first whether they are experienced with curls. The problem with this is that some of the stylists just say that they are, and in fact are not really. It is frustrating.

I'd definitely recommend going back and pointing out that you didn't get what you asked for, and ask them to try and make it better. No reasonable hairdresser SHOULD be annoyed by this, BUT, many would be (again, I have experience here!). Just stay ultra polite and respectful, and remember that you have paid a significant amount of money for a service that didn't match up to the reasonable expectations and demands you had.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now