AIBU to get the rage when I see the word LOL written down....

(21 Posts)
MissPunnyMany Wed 11-May-16 10:27:46

And people who actually say it in conversation should be physically chastised. Immediately. A slap around the chops will suffice. No warning. No excuses. If it's funny, laugh. If it's not, funny, don't laugh. But don't give a half-giggle and say the word 'lol'. DON'T DO IT.

The other thing I have noticed on social media is people posting photos of their babies and other people saying 'owwwww (s)he's so cute' instead of 'awwww'. I thought Owwwww was when you hurt yourself? When did Awwww become Owwww and why? WHY???

<Adjusts rage-pants as waistband is cutting in, checks calendar to see when period is due, and stomps off in search of chocolate>

SalemSaberhagen Wed 11-May-16 10:29:12

I hate people who put unfunny actions in those < > brackets.

Horses for courses, innit.

Wolfiefan Wed 11-May-16 10:29:52

lol
Runs!

ShootingStar75 Wed 11-May-16 10:30:13

Lol <slaps head> I hear you ladies grin

Okkitokkiunga Wed 11-May-16 10:30:22

hope you found your chocolate, but just in case you didn't, here - chocolate

Annoys me too, especially as I have a friend called Lol. Thankfully not heard it in conversation, I might have to say something then grin

Regarding the awww owww thing. I'd feel sorry for them and assume ignorance. Unless its some weird regional thing.

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Wed 11-May-16 10:31:19

DS says "lol". Slap him round the chops and I'll kick to the far side of fuck.

HTH. Lol.

Pagwatch Wed 11-May-16 10:31:35

Lol!

Soz

<awks>

gwenneh Wed 11-May-16 10:32:30

ROFL!

BathshebaDarkstone Wed 11-May-16 10:35:23

DD 8 has started saying "O. M. G." I don't feel very charitably towards her when she does so. angry

RebeccaWithTheGoodHair Wed 11-May-16 10:42:28

Ha ha - DD8 and me actually say 'my bad' - horrendous but makes me laugh every time.

I have been known to 'lol' but cringed on reflection.

Clandestino Wed 11-May-16 10:45:52

O.M.G. Like seriously O.M.G. I'm LOL at your rage <ROFL>.
What chocolate? Wanna share?

Patterkiller Wed 11-May-16 10:47:43

My Aunt types lol and thinks it's lots of love, as in 'your uncle has been taken to hospital, lol' I should really tell her.

cocodidit1 Wed 11-May-16 10:53:46

I also thought it was lots of love for ages (maybe years!)
It fecking annoys the shite out of me too. But I am terribly grumpy......

Vardyparty Wed 11-May-16 11:00:18

I will lol all over MN just to give you the rage. Then I will lol at your rage.

wannabehippyandcrazycatlover Wed 11-May-16 11:03:01

I HATE LOL.

It's weird to say it in RL when you could just laugh? It also annoys me immensely in text too- what's wrong with an old fashioned haha? It's one more letter?

FirstWeTakeManhattan Wed 11-May-16 11:07:44

I take lol as a sign that you're possibly someone who cries with laughter at Mrs Brown's Boys.

Vardyparty Wed 11-May-16 11:09:47

Threads like this make me want to post LoL on every thread on MN.

sunnyoutside Wed 11-May-16 11:27:05

I hate LOL but threads like this make me smile and laugh which is always welcome on a grey and wet Wednesday morning so maybe lolling isn't all that bad wink grin

TheCrumpettyTree Wed 11-May-16 11:30:45

What I don't get with LOL is people sticking it on the end of any random sentence. 'I went to tesco lol'. Eh? hmm

MissPunnyMany Wed 11-May-16 12:49:30

Oh crumpety that drives me insane. 'We were hungry so went and bought a sandwich lol'.

vardy go ahead at your peril, I bet I'm not the only MNetter who will chase you out of threads with a pitchfork grin

MissPunnyMany Wed 11-May-16 12:50:12

crumpetty - Apologies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now