First love

(3 Posts)
Wistfuldreams Tue 10-May-16 22:45:30

Just to be clear, I am in a good relationship, and adore OH.

But I still dream about my first love. Literally he pops into my dreams regularly and I remember the overwhelming all encompassing feeling of being in love, first true love.

Then I wake up properly and life is fine again, I'm a grown up and I get on with the day.

Just to be clear I don't hanker after first love at all. Despite our feelings were totally wrong for each other in pretty much every other way and I would choose my OH in a heartbeat every time.

But AIBU to be wistful in my dreams?

SometimesItRains Tue 10-May-16 22:55:04

I read about this a few years ago and it struck a chord as I still dream about my first boyfriend - and I didn't even love him. The article said that the dreams are more about you pining for lost youth than for the person in the dream. That makes sense to me now as I totally feel like I'm heading over the hill - I'm twice as old now as I was when I was with my first boyfriend. It still makes me feel odd though when I wake up in the morning as like you, I have no interest in being with him whatsoever.

Wistfuldreams Wed 11-May-16 00:15:06

That would make sense. I wake up feeling sad and longing for the world and girl that I was. But it disappears in a few seconds after waking up properly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now