Petty money owed question..!

(12 Posts)
HunterHearstHelmsley Tue 10-May-16 21:55:35

I had friends over for dinner a couple of weeks ago, I bought, cooked, supplied wine etc... I struggled to get dessert for a vegan friend so asked her sister to pick something up for me.

Twice now, I've offered her the money. She's said no as I 'did my bit'. She's just text me asking for the £6. I know it's a miniscule amount of money but it's really pissed me off! I'll pay her, no problem but.. just... argh!!!

Am I being unreasonable to be mildly irritated?!!

HunterHearstHelmsley Tue 10-May-16 21:56:00

Should add that the left over vegan dessert was taken home on their request.

FetchezLaVache Tue 10-May-16 21:58:29

YANBU, HHH, simply because you were offered twice and she declined. However, for clarity, whose sister picked up the pudding and did she attend the meal?

Sunnydaysrock Tue 10-May-16 22:00:38

Yanbu! You offered twice, she should have taken money then. I would be annoyed too....and she took it home (the sister I assume)!! Cheeeeky!

HunterHearstHelmsley Tue 10-May-16 22:00:42

Sister of the vegan and yes she did smile

expatinscotland Tue 10-May-16 22:03:03

You're going to pay her? Why? 'Dear Sister, you declined my offer, on a dessert you took home, twice. Now you are trying to bill me. Wow, that's a cheek.'

For real. Send it.

gamerchick Tue 10-May-16 22:03:05

Tell her to bog off, you offered and she declined.

expatinscotland Tue 10-May-16 22:05:22

Oh, please! Cheeky cunts like this get away with it because mugs pay up. You offered twice. She said no. She took the thing home with her! FFS. 'You are having a laugh. I offered you twice, on a dessert you brought for your own sister that you took home.'

Verticalvenetianblinds Tue 10-May-16 22:07:17

Daily fail story for tomoro!

Jelliebabe1 Tue 10-May-16 22:19:37

Give her half!

starfishmummy Tue 10-May-16 22:23:23

I would just send it....along with a bill for their meals!

CancelTheCheque Tue 10-May-16 22:36:39

That's quite strange. I'd be concerned if everything is okay there, does she suddenly really need the money? Or has she forgotten that she refused before?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now