Should I ask for the money back?

(8 Posts)
HitsAndMrs Tue 10-May-16 08:19:06

My DD attended a nursery which was funded partly by an education bursary and topped up each month by me. I paid a deposit when she started.

She has now left and there is an over payment. I want to ask for this money back but the nursery don't answer my emails when I enquire and I am made to feel maybe it's being cheeky to ask.
Aibu to ask for it back?

StillDrSethHazlittMD Tue 10-May-16 08:27:21

How much are we talking about?

But who has overpaid? You, or the organisation that has paid the bursary? Personally, I think if you've been getting your nursery part-funded I'd be very grateful and not try and claim back what is partly not your money.

Smileysunshine Tue 10-May-16 08:29:14

Go there and ask in person, my nursery gave a full refund with no lip curling or embarrassment.

leelu66 Tue 10-May-16 08:48:07

Still

Why shouldn't the OP get a refund for the amount she overpaid? confused

Why should the nursery keep her money? They didn't give OP the bursary.

The bursary and OP should both get the amount they overpaid by.

StillDrSethHazlittMD Tue 10-May-16 08:52:12

But lee how do we know the OP overpaid? The bursary could have sent through an incorrect amount of money and they have overpaid.

leelu66 Tue 10-May-16 09:08:31

But then the bursary should get the over-payment. The nursery shouldn't just keep it.

Who ever overpaid should get the money back.

StillDrSethHazlittMD Tue 10-May-16 09:12:19

And maybe they will. We don't know who has overpaid, which is why I asked the question.

HitsAndMrs Tue 10-May-16 17:30:46

The bursary was supposed to pay for it all but partly up front, partly in arrears; the nursery wouldn't take monies in arrears so I had to top it up each month. The over payment is because I paid in between so it is my money. I've spoken to the bursary team and they said they have just paid what they owe.
The nursery still won't answer my emails . confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now