Is there something wrong with son's eye? How would you treat it?

(6 Posts)
MySonsEye Tue 10-May-16 02:19:37

DS2 has been saying his eye is sore... Just wondering if you have any experience or have seen something similar? Thanks x

scarednoob Tue 10-May-16 02:24:49

Looks like mine do when I am allergic to something - bathe it gently with cool water and don't let him rub it would be my starting point. Hope he's ok soon

BoopTheSnoot Tue 10-May-16 02:25:12

Could be conjunctivitis. Always best to consult the GP if in doubt, they might prescribe some drops.

SofiaAmes Tue 10-May-16 02:30:23

Yes, please take him in to GP. My ds once had the surrounds of both his eyes red like that and I thought it was nothing, or maybe allergies and in the end when it wasn't clearing up, I brought him to local Pediatric A&E (GP shortage at the time , so much of our medical care happened in A&E) where they lectured me for taking so long to bring him in as it was a type of infection of the eye socket and can cause blindness if left untreated too long. (Not to scare you too much, your ds' might be something completely different, but something that close to the eye should be looked at by a professional.)

GreatFuckability Tue 10-May-16 08:14:56

Hay fever season is kicking off, but I agree id get it checked out in case its an infection that needs treating.

Angelik Tue 10-May-16 08:17:08

book gp and in interim treat with antihistamines in case it is hayfever. also get some tear drops to keep eye wet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now