To go to bed for a nap on such a lovely day??

(10 Posts)
silversaucer Mon 09-May-16 13:07:55

I may have over indulged on the wine last night mainly due to having a lovely afternoon in the garden in the sunshine with a couple of alcoholic refreshments. So today I'm very tired...

My DS is away to nursery for the afternoon and the baby is soundly sleeping in my bed currently.. I'm very tempted to curl up beside her for a snooze but feeling a little guilty since its so nice outside! DH has already text from work saying he hopes I'm outside enjoying the sunshine...

If I did go out I don't know where I'd go anyway! Probaby food shopping! hmm

AIBU??

MLGs Mon 09-May-16 13:10:03

Have a nap!

You have a baby and a pre school child. You need a nap!

Your partner may hope you are enjoying the sunshine but 1. It doesn't really matter what he hopes, 2. He probably means with he kids.

lilydaisyrose Mon 09-May-16 13:14:16

Nap nap nap!! Set your alarm for pick up time!

RumbleMum Mon 09-May-16 13:17:51

YANBU. I'm about to join you (not literally). Am struggling with a work project and a quick kip always sorts me out. (I'm freelance, before anyone is horrified.) Naps are GOOD.

silversaucer Mon 09-May-16 13:21:37

Fabulous! Thank you grin

PinkParsnips Mon 09-May-16 13:27:19

Oh yes, nap definitely!!

I have a toddler and am pregnant and had a two hour nap yesterday while everyone else enjoyed the sunshine!

Artandco Mon 09-May-16 13:27:46

Nap, baby is asleep anyway so it's not like you were going to leave baby and go for run

LizzieMacQueen Mon 09-May-16 13:29:36

The sun will still be there later today when presumably you'll have your older child with you to enjoy it with.

silversaucer Mon 09-May-16 14:32:08

Ah well. It was a nice thought but the baby had other ideas!

Food shopping here I come!

LittleLionMansMummy Mon 09-May-16 15:16:08

It would be perfectly normal in Mediterranean countries. Call it a siesta!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now