As it's wedding night...

(6 Posts)
Gide Sun 08-May-16 21:06:34

An ex-colleague of the DH has sent us an evening only invite. I think that's really nice, given he's never met me and he hasn't worked with the DH for a wee while.

However, here's my AIBU: is there a point sending an evening invite when the wedding is over 3 hours away? Is the groom just being polite? Surely he doesn't really expect us to come?

MegGriffin1 Sun 08-May-16 21:12:51

He's probably being polite that's nice, three hours though no way would I go x

BeYourselfUnlessUCanBeAUnicorn Sun 08-May-16 21:17:28

I wouldn't go. It may not be out of politeness though. Some people think their wedding is the most important event on the earth ever.

There was almost a wedding I was going to. The bride thought it was perfectly acceptable to invite half the grooms family to the evening only, they lived 5 hours away. The were actually downgraded, understandably things kicked off!

LadyAntonella Sun 08-May-16 21:19:48

We did this - it was sort of out of politeness. We really didn't expect people to come all that way but would have been very happy if they had (in the end nobody came a long distance just for the evening, as was expected). smile

Akire Sun 08-May-16 21:20:17

For old work colleague that don't keep in touch with much I think is nice gesture but woulnt feel pressured into going unless I really wanted too and could afford expenses. Still need outfits hotel petrol/train gifts!

Ameliablue Sun 08-May-16 21:22:23

He's probably being polite, however, it isn't necessarily a given that you wouldn't go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now