Are loose sequins in card a glitter bomb?

(19 Posts)
beckywiththemehhair Fri 06-May-16 14:50:07

DP and I recently received a wedding invitation from an old friend of DP's. Inside there were about 30 loose sequins along with the card. They didn't spill everywhere when I opened the envelope and though I don't know the BTB very well, she seems very nice and friendly. I didn't really think about it until I mentioned it to a BTB colleague who was looking for ideas to make her wedding invitations a bit special. Colleague gave me a sympathetic look and told me that it was a PA glitterbomb. I was shock and confused.
Is my colleague right?

Oakmaiden Fri 06-May-16 14:52:41

No. the BTB probably just thought it would be pretty.

Dontneedausername Fri 06-May-16 14:54:23

I think it was just decorative.
Anyone I wanted to send a passively aggressively glitter bomb to would not be invited to my wedding...

MTPurse Fri 06-May-16 14:55:23

It was not a glitter bomb.

Tiggeryoubastard Fri 06-May-16 14:55:59

No, it was just a bit of decoration. Don't worry. smile

DoesAnyoneReadTheseThings Fri 06-May-16 14:56:01

No, sequins aren't glitter confused the point of a glitter bomb is the glitter goes everywhere and despite hoovering is still everywhere for about 4562 weeks! Sequins are easily cleaned up even if they did spill everywhere!

beckywiththemehhair Fri 06-May-16 15:25:05

Phew, well that's a relief. I too thought they were just a decoration when I got the card. Will let colleague know I'm still a glitterbomb virgin smile

beckywiththemehhair Fri 06-May-16 15:25:48

Thanks all for the unanimous heads-up flowers

Custardcream33 Fri 06-May-16 16:09:27

I don't think sequins are the same as glitter bombs but...

I bloody hate it when people do this! They just make a huge mess and cause me to worry that I'll have missed a few and the baby/cat will try to eat them!

TaliZorahVasNormandy Fri 06-May-16 16:21:45

No one glitter bombs someone and invites them to a wedding.

Also the point of a glitter bomb is to be anonymous so no one knows you did it.

beckywiththemehhair Sat 07-May-16 01:32:11

tali yep, that's what I thought/think. But felt a bit confused by my colleague's take as I could be her mother am a few years older than colleague and her interpretation made me wonder that's all. smile

Wagglebees Sat 07-May-16 04:10:54

She's probably been on the wedding equivalent of Mumsnet you and your wedding and a thread on there has concluded that sequins in invitations is Not the Done Thing.

I used to shove loads in my nieces and nephews cards but I've stopped now I'm older as I now realise how annoying to clean up they must've been for their parents. But I definitely wasn't PA glitter bombing my sibling's children.

Wagglebees Sat 07-May-16 04:12:31

That makes it sound like the thread exists. I've no idea, but it'll be something like that I bet.

mmgirish Sat 07-May-16 05:04:58

My friend used to do this all the time with cards. She thought it was cute.

kickassangel Sat 07-May-16 05:22:44

DSis and I sent our Dad a card FULL of glitter and sequins for Valentines to his work when we were kids (with Mum's help). We got it posted from somewhere else in the City, and he worked in a big company with a mail sorting room, which automatically opened every letter by sending it through a machine that sliced them open. They were then read to check which dept to send them to.

When DDad got the card it had been carefully taped shut and was still FULL of glitter which went all over his desk.

TheCrumpettyTree Sat 07-May-16 06:53:59

My DM has a habit of filling birthday cards with decorative bits of glitter and sequins. I've learned to carefully open them over the table.

FruStefanOla Sat 07-May-16 07:44:21

I have a friend who used to put sequins in her Christmas cards. She also used to write the most hilarious Christmas Round Robins - I'm not sure whether she intended them to be hilarious, but I always chortled when I read them.

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Sat 07-May-16 21:29:45

No, a glitter bomb is usually anonymous, it's a card filled to the brim with the smallest glitter you can lay your hands on, the smaller the better so it's harder to hoover up and you find it for years to come!

CalleighDoodle Sat 07-May-16 22:28:10

I put wedding sequins in my wedding invites confused, they were decorative. One person did say the invite threw up on them but i chose to ignore that lol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now