To feel totally taken for granted by DH and older DCs?

(5 Posts)
ItsANewNameChange Fri 06-May-16 12:13:27

Just that really!

3 DCs aged 17, 12 and 6. DH and the two older children are always moody and grumpy with me. I work Monday-Friday 9am - 3pm whilst the kids are in school, do all housework, laundry, food shopping, cooking, ferrying around, thinking/remembering everything for everyone, look after the pets. I could go on....

Oh and I also run my own business in the evenings/weekends too, and do DH's paperwork for him for his business.

I am sick of them all being moody and miserable with me; if I ask the older DCs to do anything at all they go off on one. If I call everyone to say dinner is ready they all just grunt at me. No one lifts a bloody finger to help in the house. Well actually my 6 year old does but none of the others.

girlinacoma Fri 06-May-16 12:14:43

Why are doing so much for them all?

pinkyredrose Fri 06-May-16 12:17:09

Why the hell ate they not pulling thier weight? You must be exhausted.

Amy chance of you and the 6yr old going to stay worth someone for a week and leaving them to it?

pinkyredrose Fri 06-May-16 12:17:38

Scuse the typos!

ChopsticksandChilliCrab Fri 06-May-16 12:42:41

The trouble with being organised and good at everything is that you get the lot dumped on your shoulders. What time does DH get home? If possible I suggest you do tea for the youngest and get DH to do the evening meal for everyone else. Teens are notoriously good at grunting and not doing much, but DH has no excuse and should be doing a lot more. The teens could each do one meal per week, that would be a good start. You need to down tools and let them step up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now