Neighbours parking on a corner

(12 Posts)
MrPony Thu 05-May-16 19:24:53

At the entrance to our street there is a line of what I assume were show houses that are now people's homes, however because they were show houses they don't have any parking and have to park round the corner. There is one house that parks so close to the corner that if I approach the entrance to my road from the side they are parked on its impossible to see if there is anything coming, drivers coming out of the street also can't see me. There have been so many near accidents because of this and it's starting to really grate on me.

Wibu to put a note on their car telling them to stop parking like a twat?

MarthaCliffYouCunt Thu 05-May-16 19:25:58

What other options do they have?

MrPony Thu 05-May-16 19:30:35

the only option they have to park is wherever they find a space.

MarthaCliffYouCunt Thu 05-May-16 19:40:25

So if the space is on the corner they don't have much choice?

Ginmakesitallok Thu 05-May-16 19:42:22

They shouldn't park on the corner where they are causing an obstruction. I'd speak to the council and see if they'll put yellow lines down

MrPony Thu 05-May-16 19:42:51

But it's not their space you see, it's just a road and they're choosing to park right next to the corner to make their life easier. It's a hazard though.

superram Thu 05-May-16 19:53:43

I don't think you are legally allowed to park that close to a corner even without yellow lines-check distance in Highway Code then report to council.

MrPony Thu 05-May-16 19:57:17

The distance is 10m. How much of an idiot would I look getting my tape measure out?!

I'd like to ask them first but not sure how to word it

MiniCooperLover Thu 05-May-16 20:53:03

Even if they're show homes they'll have been allocated parking?

bluebump Thu 05-May-16 21:00:40

This used to happen in my street, one of the neighbours just phoned the police and reported it and they came out and had a word with them and it stopped happening. I've no idea if anyone else had been to have a word first though.

SavoyCabbage Thu 05-May-16 21:05:53

There was a spate of new houses being built without car parking spaces. It was supposed to encourage people to be carless. I even know of a new housing estate that was built with spaces for car share cars.

BombadierFritz Thu 05-May-16 21:10:09

Its not legal to park on a corner. I'd report it or put a note on. If you do have an accident, get photos of the car parked obstructing the view

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now