To think Photobox should make it clearer...

(6 Posts)
monkeymamma Thu 05-May-16 08:33:02

That some of their photo books can't be created in-app or on their mobile site/ can only be created on a PC or laptop! I've spent over £50 on photobook credit and now can't work on the sodding thing during my 'spare' time (ie on the train on way to work!).

We have no laptop and one very slow, crap pc which I'll have to beg a go of from dh (is his for work). Also is noisy and next to youngest (non-sleeping) toddler ds, so come the evening we're terrified of waking him, ha.

Their advertising is all 'ah, order a photobook, it'll be so easy' and it's SO FAFFY. Took me DAYS to upload all the photos I want and then half of them are missing, I just don't know which ones. So I'm having to scroll through hundreds of pics on their website and on my phone to try and compare and see which are not there. Terrified of missing favourite ones of the dc :-)

I know, I know, it's a real 1st world problem (and probably of my own devising) but - ddaaaaarrrggghhhhh!!

leelu66 Thu 05-May-16 08:39:18

Hmmm, I didn't think I could use photo books on mobile devices, I would have checked with them had that been my intention.

However, YANBU about missing pictures, that's annoying and would put me off.

IceMaiden73 Thu 05-May-16 08:40:44

They have a separate photo books app - it's not great though, def better on a laptop

HereIAm20 Thu 05-May-16 09:01:05

I've always found it fairly easy to use and have never had pictures go missing. If you are doing it by phone perhaps it is your phone losing coverage and not switching to data?

shiveringhiccup Thu 05-May-16 12:05:56

Yep it is faffy. Also they don't tell you they're going to whack on a tenner for postage. They also don't tell you the photo books get made in France - "one day delivery" means one day after it's arrived in England - ie about a week.

Other than that they're great grin

llhj Thu 05-May-16 12:08:03

God yes it's annoying. Ive actually deleted the app cos of this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now