to quickly close the window?

(14 Posts)
Playduh Mon 02-May-16 22:15:21

Neighbours having a hissy fight right under my bedroom window. I can hear everything.

My window is old and if I go and close it properly they'll hear the bang.

I can't go sleep elsewhere.

Stuck confused

tibbawyrots Mon 02-May-16 22:16:58

your window, up to you if you close it... they know you can hear them.

Non issue.

dlwelly Mon 02-May-16 22:17:07

Close it! They might get the hint that they could be having their argument elsewhere.

monkeysox Mon 02-May-16 22:18:16

Shout "shut the fuck up" then slam it grin

RaeSkywalker Mon 02-May-16 22:19:53

Turn bedroom light on if it's off. Make a point of looking about outside, squinting into the darkness. Close window. grin

echelon Mon 02-May-16 22:20:36

Lol grin sorry this has just tickled me. I'm just imagining you standing there quaking, trying to decide what to do. To close or not to close?!

Seriously, close it. Who cares if they hear you. They should have a bit more consideration.

Osolea Mon 02-May-16 22:22:02

It is ok for them to hear the bang you know, it's them that's causing the problem! But they might be so engrossed in their arguing they don't notice, or if they do they won't care. They're unlikely to say anything to you, they'll probably be embarrassed.

Pipbin Mon 02-May-16 22:22:38

Oh yes, make sure they hear the bang.
I do that when my neighbours decide to have long conversations on their doorstep at 3am.

chipsandpeas Mon 02-May-16 22:23:23

Let them hear the bang from the window then they might realise how loud they are

Playduh Mon 02-May-16 22:23:54

Well she's lovely and I don't want any embarrassment when I see her. If DH was here I could get him to do it. (He's the kind of bloke who wouldn't notice a fight if it was going on in our kitchen).

Anyway, one of them has driven off so I can close my window now - night night!

echelon Mon 02-May-16 22:25:42

grin Glad it's resolved itself. Night night!

Oysterbabe Mon 02-May-16 22:27:04

I wouldn't have closed it, it'd make it harder to hear them grin

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Mon 02-May-16 22:28:18

what were they rowing about?

novemberchild Mon 02-May-16 22:47:10

I'd have enjoyed earwigging smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now