Is my friend being unreasonable or am i?

(23 Posts)
Toffeecrispy Mon 02-May-16 15:32:10

We both live in areas which need residents permits.
She has invited me to come to a restaurant with her which isnt in either of our parts of town but is around 30mins away. We live abiut 10mins away from eachother.
She has asked me to come to her or to meet her at the restaurant however i cannot park outside her house, i suggested she comes and gets me due to her bringing her 2yr old and having her car seat ect
Now she said to meet her at the restaurant, what is the point of this?
Shouldn't she just come and get me?

YellowDinosaur Mon 02-May-16 15:35:07

I think you're unreasonable to expect her to get you. Why can't you park at the restaurant?

If I was her I would probably have offered to pick you up if I needed to drive anyway, unless I was going to be short of time, but I think you're unreasonable to push this after she's said no

cosmicglittergirl Mon 02-May-16 15:44:46

Eh? Park at the restaurant.

WorraLiberty Mon 02-May-16 15:50:44

If she lives 10 minutes away, why would you bother driving?

TurnOffTheTv Mon 02-May-16 15:53:02

Just meet at the restaurant. Unless your house is on the way, she should pick you up really. Daft to take two cars

TaliZorahVasNormandy Mon 02-May-16 15:55:19

I live 20 mins from a friend. If we go out, one of us does the driving. What's they point of taking both cars?

Even you park at her, she picks you up or you walk to hers, or she walks to yours.

Purplepicnic Mon 02-May-16 15:56:41

You mean she offered to drive you both but only if you drive to hers first and go from there? You declined because you can't park outside her house without a permit and so her response is to just say meet at the restaurant?

CuntingDMjournos Mon 02-May-16 15:57:53

But why does it matter? Just meet her at the restaurant!

nobilityobliges Mon 02-May-16 15:58:48

If it's important you drive why don't you pick her up? Although if it's a half hour drive from you both I don't see the problem with you both driving.

NerrSnerr Mon 02-May-16 15:59:44

Just meet her there. I don't see what the problem is.

WorraLiberty Mon 02-May-16 15:59:51

The OP's friend said 'come' to hers, not 'drive' to hers.

I don't know why she doesn't just walk round there?

FuzzyOwl Mon 02-May-16 16:01:09

Shouldn't she just come and get me?

YABU

AugustaFinkNottle Mon 02-May-16 16:03:04

Yes, walk to hers and work up an appetite. That way you won't have to worry about drinking too much, either.

liptolinford Mon 02-May-16 16:04:31

reverse?

Trills Mon 02-May-16 16:05:00

If you were picking her up why would you need to park?

KingLooieCatz Mon 02-May-16 16:05:35

Crikey.

30 minutes drive is a fair old trek to a restaurant. I speak as someone who has lived in the middle of nowhere and city centre.

Is it really special?

Or do you live in the middle of nowhere?

Or are you taking part in a motoring rally?

MadamDeathstare Mon 02-May-16 16:10:36

YANBU.

If she has a two year old in a car seat of course it makes more sense for her to drive her car and pick you up rather than you pick her up and have to deal with fitting the car seat base etc. In addition you may find it hard to get a parking space near her house and you both might be walking all over the place to even get to your parked car with the two year old and car seat bits.

Taking two cars to the restaurant is nuts when you both live reasonably close to each other.

AyeAmarok Mon 02-May-16 16:12:14

Why don't you just get public transport to the restaurant, or to hers?

expatinscotland Mon 02-May-16 16:12:48

YABU

Toffeecrispy Mon 02-May-16 16:13:38

Found out parking is free blush

TurnOffTheTv Mon 02-May-16 16:45:13

What's that got to do with anything?

MTPurse Mon 02-May-16 16:48:03

YABU. Just meet her at the Restaurant confused

Toffeecrispy Mon 02-May-16 17:41:00

Madam thats what i was thinking both came together in the end

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now