To be almost fainting due to small cut?

(17 Posts)
MattDillonsPants Mon 02-May-16 06:26:03

Im very squeamish. excuse bad typing I've cut my finger...the very tip on one of those stupid nicer dicers

I swore id never use it!

All the attach,ments come with blades like razors!

MIL gave i t to us ajd I said I'd probably injure mys;ef!

I'm makig pizza with potato crusts for DH who is gluten free. Thought the sliver thing would be best...

Took the bastard tip off my pointer.

Nonbody else in...almos passed out...put 5 plasters on it and it still bled though.

Wprst cut I've ever had

WombatStewForTea Mon 02-May-16 07:32:49

I'm sure you'll live grin
What an odd time of day to be making pizza!

Lemonade1 Mon 02-May-16 07:35:04

What a weird thing to post about in AIBU

MattDillonsPants Mon 02-May-16 07:37:07

Oh I'm in Oz Wombat!

Lemonade I know...I was close to passing out and needed someone.

Sorry. I'ts a really bad cut though. I'ts stopped at last with the bleeding. sad You know when you just feel sorry for yourself and want someone to talk to? Well that was me,

Costacoffeeplease Mon 02-May-16 07:45:35

Well at least you can still type - it can't be that bad if your first thought is to put it on mumsnet smile

ActivelyAnxious Mon 02-May-16 07:59:44

There's been far weirder stuff on AIBU!

That sounds rough, OP. Can you distract yourself by coming up with alternative stories to explain your injury that sound more hardcore than I cut it on a dicer?

I once snapped my pen knife shut on my finger (on my honeymoon...) and howled like an absolute baby. I was a little drunk though and it was a very unromantic thing to have happen on honeymoon!

MattDillonsPants Mon 02-May-16 08:16:13

COsta I was trying to distract myself! I type for a living...you could chop one off and I'd still manage.

Actively thank you for being nice! It really bloody hurt and when you're The Mum, no bugger gives you sympathy!

sepa Mon 02-May-16 08:26:33

I hate blood. Almost passed out when my cat cut herself once!

Don't use the mean cutter thing again

Penfold007 Mon 02-May-16 08:29:53

Ouch! Painful and a shock I bet. Now it's stopped bleeding put a plaster or bandage on it, make yourself a cuppa and sit down for ten minutes, the pizza will wait. I'm not squeamish but DH is so I know how wobbly it can make you feel.

MattDillonsPants Mon 02-May-16 08:32:30

Sepa I'm chucking it in the bin! It was DH who insisted it would be useful! I KNEW it would try to kill me. It's cheap and nasty and too sharp.

Thank you. smile

Penfold

Thank you. Has stopped but I'm afraid to remove the 5 plasters! I will make DH do it for me as punishement!

reallybadidea Mon 02-May-16 08:39:36

I felt sick and my head went a bit funny just reading your post. I would definitely pass out if I actually did that.

I probably shouldn't admit that I'm a theatre nurse, but oddly I manage fine most of the time at work.

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 02-May-16 08:46:59

You don't need to go to all that hassle with potato crusts. Pizza base made with Doves Farm GF flour is lovely. I am a coeliac everyone eats GF pizza based here, can't be doing with the fuss of making two different types. Or if I have my super lazy hat on I will buy a GF margarita pizza from tescos or Sainsburys and add extra toppings.

MattDillonsPants Mon 02-May-16 09:00:56

I'm in Oz so no Doves Farm, I suppose there's something similar...just wanted something a bit different.

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 02-May-16 09:16:34

Oh, but you have Lola's wheat free world if I could get some of those flours here easily I would be so happy.

AugustaFinkNottle Mon 02-May-16 10:07:31

Does it need to be glued? Can you get it checked by a medic?

I don't blame you for feeling faint, I once came over all wobbly when I sliced my finger with a knife.

MattDillonsPants Mon 02-May-16 10:25:06

Augusta there's nothing to sew or glue...it's as though I shaved a chunk of the tip off! shock

AugustaFinkNottle Mon 02-May-16 12:46:50

Ouch! My sympathies, Matt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now