To not want to show off my post baby body?

(13 Posts)
RoastChickenDinner Sun 01-May-16 09:59:19

I feel like I am constantly seeing articles and posts about how you should be proud of your post baby body and that you should wear a bikini and show it off or take photos of it to post on social media. The implication being that if you're not, and you don't the there's something wrong with you.

Of course people shouldn't be ashamed of their new bodies after they have grown a new human, quite the contrary, and if you are comfortable to show it then excellent, please do - I wish I was more like you and had your confidence. I don't long for my pre-baby body, I am content that this is how it is after producing and nourishing 2 new lives.

However, I'm not all that fond of my aprony, saggy, jelly tummy and bosoms which have migrated south forever, and I would rather just keep them to myself and my DH, and I'm a bit bed up of being made to feel like I am somehow deficient because of it.

Shouldn't it just be each to their own?

TheCatsMeow Sun 01-May-16 10:01:21

I don't think the implication is if you're not there's something wrong with you. If you're happy but don't want to show it off, then don't.

I dislike my post baby body mainly because my boobs have been destroyed, however more power to the women who don't!

Junosmum Sun 01-May-16 10:03:14

YANBU. I don't give a shot that my body 'has made a miracle', has 'done an amazing thing' or that the hideous, red, angry stretch marks are 'tiger stripes' and show how 'strong I am'. I DO NOT LIKE MY POST BABY BODY AND YOU CAN'T MAKE ME.

If you like yours/ are proud of your then fantastic, thumbs up to you. But we are all different.

Oysterbabe Sun 01-May-16 10:05:32

I've never felt any pressure to show off my post baby body. Which is good as no one needs to see that shit.

RoastChickenDinner Sun 01-May-16 10:07:57

Oyster you just mad me lol grin

CakeNinja Sun 01-May-16 10:08:52

Of course it's each to their own, why wouldn't it be? confused
No ones forcing you to put a picture of yourself on social media are they? Perhaps change your reading material if you're seeing lots of articles saying you should be flaunting yourself and or posting all over social media - I don't come across this at all.
Even if I did, I think I'd just turn the page over and think nothing more of it!

CalleighDoodle Sun 01-May-16 10:09:51

But it is each to their own as nobody is forcing you to do that. Just because it isnin a facebook meme it doesnt make it law.

Trills Sun 01-May-16 10:10:28

You don't want to flaunt your curves?

Perhaps in 15 years or so your baby can be featured in a photoshoot with the headline she's all grown up.

Junosmum Sun 01-May-16 10:11:26

Though having said that I love my post pregnancy boobs- on another thread someone described there's as massive veiny boulders, which perfectly describes mine, and they're ace!

TheCatsMeow Sun 01-May-16 10:14:40

I wish I had that Juno. Mine have gone flat and empty. sad

Junosmum Sun 01-May-16 12:07:40

Mine probably will cats, when I stopped bfing. I'm going to enjoy them whilst I can.

donajimena Sun 01-May-16 12:12:11

I'll happily wear a bikini... but nekkid? My stomach looks like a front bum.. I have a fabulous 1950's style bikini with big pants and I am happy to 'show off' on hols.
But undressed? Front bum with skin like a perished balloon. It ain't pretty grin

CakeNinja Sun 01-May-16 12:36:57

Oh dona, I have that too! That is a perfect way to describe it, a crumpled front bum 😂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now