To be fucked off about neighbours party?

(80 Posts)
Gbean Sat 30-Apr-16 22:30:43

Music blaring. Loud voices and shouting. My kids can't sleep. I'm so annoyed

BoopTheSnoot Sat 30-Apr-16 22:32:14

If they didn't give you any kind of warning then YANBU. I think that after 11pm you can call the police if they are making a real nuisance of themselves? BUT I would try giving them a knock and politely asking them to keep it down before doing anything dramatic.

WorraLiberty Sat 30-Apr-16 22:32:27

Not enough info really to say whether Yabu.

Do they have parties often?

FuzzyOwl Sat 30-Apr-16 22:34:02

Assuming you are in the UK so it is 10:30, then I would be annoyed about a neighbour's party. However, if it was a one off, I would give them until midnight before politely asking them to turn it down.

vulgarbunting Sat 30-Apr-16 22:35:16

People are so selfish. We regularly have people AirBnB-ing in our apartments who rock up and have huge parties. The last time I confronted them they said 'chill out it's the weekend so it's allowed'.

YADNBU. Call noise control after 11pm.

Gbean Sat 30-Apr-16 22:35:20

Yes I'm in the UK. Unfortunately it's a regular occurrence in summer. No warning.

AndTakeYourPenguinWithYou Sat 30-Apr-16 22:35:35

Its 10,30 not 4am. People have parties, have you never been to one that lasted past 10pm?

FuzzyOwl Sat 30-Apr-16 22:36:47

A regular occurrence and with no warning, then I would say YANBU but do you ever speak to them about it so they are aware of how annoying you find it?

Gbean Sat 30-Apr-16 22:38:16

Oh fuck off AndTake - you aren't the one trying to get overtired kids to sleep and preparing for yet another summer of this shit.

sizeofalentil Sat 30-Apr-16 22:38:35

It's a Saturday at 10.30pm. Unless they do this all the time YABU. Have you never thrown a party? Other people's annoying noise is a fact of life.

Gbean Sat 30-Apr-16 22:39:09

Yes I've been around to their house many times. I have been calm and nice. I've also bloody cried. Makes no diff.

Jeremysfavouriteaunt Sat 30-Apr-16 22:40:35

shock YABU for telling people who don't agree with you to fuck off. It's 10:30 on a Saturday night. If this is a regular thing, fair enough to be annoyed, otherwise YABU.

southlondonluxe Sat 30-Apr-16 22:43:02

What kind of street / house do you live on / in?
I live on quiet residential St and neighbours all know who has kids etx. if was happening here without notice would be considered v out of order and I would ask them to turn it down (do you have their phone no?) or call 101 and report anonymously

Gide Sat 30-Apr-16 22:45:15

It's Saturday night. Whist I'd be annoyed, I'd also be looking to move somewhere remote. It would annoy the crap out of me, but this is the problem with having neighbours <touches wood that ours are lovely>

I'm sorry you've been so upset that you've cried about it. Have you considered neighbour mediation?

LoopyNuts Sat 30-Apr-16 22:49:13

YANBU, the bitches are out in force!!

5 years ago I would have been at that party and it is now time to stop pissing off your neighbours. So if they are still loud they are being rude.

SinglePringle Sat 30-Apr-16 22:50:20

Wouldn't bother me before 1am. After that. I'd keep an ear out but would accept it as part and parcel of town / city living. By 3am, I'd be knocking on the door.

MarthaCliff Sat 30-Apr-16 22:51:37

YANBU - it's really selfish. If they stop the noise at 11 then not too bad but, even then they could have let you know.

AriaTloak Sat 30-Apr-16 22:53:26

It's threads like these that make me scared to have parties.

I've never had a party in my house for fear of really pissing people off.

I wouldn't be annoyed if my NDN had a party on a Saturday night, it's a party. They happen, and they're quite fun.

Play calming music in your kids room. I can understand you not being able to sleep but your kids should be able to with some soft drowning out.

BoopTheSnoot Sat 30-Apr-16 22:54:06

If you've tried reasoning with them and they've ignored you then YADNBU. It's hard enough settling an overtired child without the walls shaking. As PP have said, you could try calling 101 anonymously. They're being bloody rude.

CantChoose Sat 30-Apr-16 22:54:20

Agree with SinglePringle im afraid. It's Saturday night, it's not even midnight yet. And YABVU for being so rude to someone disagreeing with you. If you're like that to your neighbours I'm not surprised they don't give a shit about keeping things quiet for you...

LoveAGoodRummage Sat 30-Apr-16 22:56:08

I do sympathise. Do you live near me?? Neighbours behind are having a party and aren't that close really, however it is THUMPING. I feel sorry for the neighbours either side. It's not a regular thing though...

Jeremysfavouriteaunt Sat 30-Apr-16 22:56:16

Speak to environmental health on Tuesday if this is long term, I don't think that you should call the police out over it on a Saturday night. They are stretched thinly enough.

Chunkamatic Sat 30-Apr-16 22:59:17

101 can't do anything. It's an environmental health issue, unless the noise party is outside of the house/on the street.

I'd contact your council if it's a regular thing. They can put you on a noise watch scheme.

I know they shouldn't have to, but are your kids old enough to use earplugs? Can you drown out the noise with an audio book or soothing music?

Thornrose Sat 30-Apr-16 23:00:09

Honestly, I really feel 10.30 is too early to get worked up. I've had friends round and we've chatted the night away, with music on, before realising it's after midnight.

LoopyNuts Sat 30-Apr-16 23:03:03

I don't think you are being 'very rude' op, I think you are fighting fire with fire which I've started doing when you are simply looking for friendly advice and you get a bitchfest from bored housewives in return!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now