To think snogging is weird?

(83 Posts)
NoCapes Sat 30-Apr-16 16:57:45

Who ever thought ; "I know lets show our attraction to each other by licking each other's tongues a bit?"

Weirdos

Also - do people still say snogging?

MargotLovedTom Sat 30-Apr-16 17:00:24

Well, when you phrase it like that, yes, it's weird, but when it's done well it's bloody great! 😜

MargotLovedTom Sat 30-Apr-16 17:01:25

The kissing, that's is. Not necessarily licking each other's tongues wink.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sat 30-Apr-16 17:02:02

I dont think they do say snogging.

But I can understand the attraction. It's very intimate, but it's not sex.

I love a snog with Dh even at our ahem mature years. He's a terrible snogger though. Although I haven't told him that grin he'd be shock then sad

hairymelonwalton Sat 30-Apr-16 17:03:20

cant stand watching ppl snog on the telly i have to turn away before i gag

NoCapes Sat 30-Apr-16 17:04:26

Oh don't get me wrong I love a good snog!
Me & DP just found ourselves both upstairs with all DC distracted downstairs so we had a bit of a teenage snogging sesh on the landing - was lovely smile

But when you break down the actual act...weird!

UmbongoUnchained Sat 30-Apr-16 17:06:35

I say snogging! Is that wrong? Love a good snog. Husband doesn't know what's hit him.

BareBearBum Sat 30-Apr-16 17:10:07

I was thinking this recently too OP!
Such a weird thing to do really, good job snogging is luvverly!

shonasybarbaric Sat 30-Apr-16 17:10:55

I think I'm weird. I really don't enjoy snogging. It doesn't feel at all nice. Maybe I've only been in relationships with rubbish snoggers, I don't know. It's also weird but could get past that if I enjoyed it.

TheCatsMeow Sat 30-Apr-16 17:16:48

It's weird plus I think it feels weird too. I'm not the biggest fan but I'm not very affectionate.

TinklyLittleLaugh Sat 30-Apr-16 17:37:31

Mine don't say snogging; they say kissing.

Snogging is very erotic though, foreplay really.

MrsJayy Sat 30-Apr-16 17:41:24

I love a snogi do but cant stand seeing it on screen its so noisy why is it so noisy <shudder>

Defiant Sat 30-Apr-16 17:41:43

Snogging is so weird! Also the word is weird too, I don't like saying it.

ALaughAMinute Sat 30-Apr-16 17:42:13

I agree it's an important part of foreplay,, if a man doesn't know how to kiss then it ain't happening!

MrsJayy Sat 30-Apr-16 17:44:01

In scotland its called winching grin its a ridiculous word eh

Arfarfanarf Sat 30-Apr-16 17:44:52

I hate it. I will never allow another person to insert their tongue into my mouth. I have no desire to swallow another person's saliva. The idea makes me retch.
I don't like kissing at all really. I don't like being that close to another person. But tongues. Horrible.

I've been married 18 years and we express our affection via foot rubs and whisky grin

NoCapes Sat 30-Apr-16 17:48:20

shock How do you have sex without snogging arf?!

Agreed ALaugh I have actually backed out of a shag (in a FWB kind of situation) after he "snogged" me! He was like a chameleon, little tongue darting in and out <shudder>
Can you imagine what he'd be like in other areas?! <double shudder>

MrsJayy Sat 30-Apr-16 17:48:55

You rub your feet in whisky okayy then grin

ciceroscribe Sat 30-Apr-16 17:49:17

I hate it.

WhoWants2Know Sat 30-Apr-16 17:49:53

I do say it, but mainly because I can't think of a better word. It's not quite the same as just kissing, is it?

It is one of my favourite things.

WeeHelena Sat 30-Apr-16 18:00:17

I actually laughed at your op as you are right when you break it down its gross.
But it's so nice and intimate with the right person.

I never heard of winching Mrs jayy only snogging but I usually just refer to it as kissing if I have to and I love it.

I went a bit envy sick when a couple were locked in a tongue kissing battle in the street but only because they didn't seem to move and were like permanent statues for a good few mins of what I seen,other than that I think it's cute.

TinklyLittleLaugh Sat 30-Apr-16 18:04:15

We watched "Bend it like Beckham" last night. When Jonathon Rhys Meyers finally gets to snog the girl at the end it was very, very sexy; I felt like hiding the kids' eyes.

TheSuspiciousMsWhicher Sat 30-Apr-16 18:06:36

God, I love snogging. Could do it for hours.

But yes, when you think about it logically it does seem a bit odd.

ImperialBlether Sat 30-Apr-16 18:08:21

I feel sorry for teenagers nowadays who feel pressurised into having sex so quickly. I thought all the snogging and the heavy petting were what helped men be good at sex - so many girls now have said sex is expected immediately and is very disappointing.

MrsJayy Sat 30-Apr-16 18:11:01

Aww heavy petting was lovley <sigh>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now