to love waitrose

(26 Posts)
mailfuckoff Thu 28-Apr-16 18:19:00

I had to go to pick something up earlier as a click and collect item. We have a brand new waitrose. The staff are lovely and friendly and efficient. The food looks great. I get a free coffee. I wish I could stop there more often! the bakery items were reduced so I got some treats :-)

babyinthacorner Thu 28-Apr-16 18:21:48

YANBU. I love Waitrose. I'm surrounded by them - one at both stations I commute to/from. I spend an absolute fortune in there!

Pinkheart5915 Thu 28-Apr-16 18:22:03

Not unreasonable to love waitrose. I do too

MyBreadIsEggy Thu 28-Apr-16 18:23:39

I love waitrose!!! But it's a very occasional treat for us (Aldi is our usual fare) - usually at Christmas! FIL usually gets us a John Lewis gift card at Christmas, so we spend it in waitrose on naice Christmas food grin

derxa Thu 28-Apr-16 18:24:14

my second home

allegretto Thu 28-Apr-16 18:26:13

I love Waitrose too. Every now and again I have a little daydream that they decide to open branches in Italy....sob...

MissTurnstiles Thu 28-Apr-16 18:27:37

YANBU. One is shortly to open in our town. I am beside myself.

AimUnder Thu 28-Apr-16 18:42:34

Yanbu! My favourite part is the friendly staff, and no queues smile

derxa Thu 28-Apr-16 18:42:36

I am beside myself. I just love that phrase/sentence.

MissTurnstiles Thu 28-Apr-16 18:45:05

derxa have you read We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves? I loved it but a friend (who really didn't) described the title as the best thing about it.

derxa Thu 28-Apr-16 18:46:50

Miss Turnstiles Who wrote it?

MissTurnstiles Thu 28-Apr-16 18:48:49

derxa Karen Joy Fowler

Malvolia Thu 28-Apr-16 18:50:20

It's by Karen Joy Fowler, and it's not a bad novel, but it centres on one massive 'reveal' which you will almost certainly know if you ever read the review section of a newspaper...

babyinthacorner Thu 28-Apr-16 19:52:12

We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves is my favourite book title ever! Didn't love the book as much though...

I often daydream that I work in my local Waitrose. It's really beautiful. I think I'd be really happy there.

Binkybix Thu 28-Apr-16 19:54:32

It saved my sanity a week into my second newborn. The free coffee, the relaxing, widely spaced aisles to browse.

<delighted shiver>

CatchIt Thu 28-Apr-16 19:55:49

YANBU I love, love Waitrose! Their food is always really good and the sushi they sell is just the best!

Bragadocia Thu 28-Apr-16 19:58:32

Waitrose is lovely to shop in: good range, wide aisles, lots of natural light, and the self checkout seem less problematic than in other shops. The staff ownership model also pleases me very much - the workers are probably so helpful and nice there because they actually feel invested in it.

IWantToLiveInPawnee Thu 28-Apr-16 20:02:11

I don't know how I do it but I spend much less if I shop in there. I have a My Waitrose card so get 20% off some of my most regular purchases. I buy sensibly and more fresh stuff.

I mix it up with m&s and do the same, no frivolous/wasted shopping. Their food is so tasty.

When I use to shop at other supermarkets, I spent about £20 per week more.

IWantToLiveInPawnee Thu 28-Apr-16 20:03:17

Actually, that was a very contradictory post, of course I know how I do it but I'm still surprised that I manage it!

Mrscog Thu 28-Apr-16 20:04:36

YANBU - if I won the lottery I would never shop anywhere else. I love the scan as you shop, and just the calm feeling that all the stores have.

Lovewineandchocs Thu 28-Apr-16 20:12:46

We don't have one here 😞 (Ireland) therefore I am deeply jealous of you all envy however I think there are plans to build one around 8 miles from my house. If that happens, I will also be beside myself grin

Mrsbadger77 Thu 28-Apr-16 20:26:06

Love Waitrose. I don't know why it has a 'posh' reputation. No more expensive than Sainsbury's. I love the size of my local one. I can get everything I need but it is small enough to whizz round in 15 mins. And I love getting all the free range organic meat reduced and I fill the freezer!

Brummiegirl15 Thu 28-Apr-16 20:42:35

Bloody love Waitrose YADNBU

MyQuaterLifeCrisis Thu 28-Apr-16 20:48:32

Whole Foods Market puts Waitrose to shame though!

peppatax Thu 28-Apr-16 20:55:10

DD loves Waitrose and excitedly shouts 'I can see Waitrose' most days

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now