To think that junior doctors shouldn't strike

(144 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

CheeseAndPizza Wed 27-Apr-16 16:52:03

They're fucking PROFFESSIONALS, and they are endangering people's health because they want a fucking PAY RISE!! Am I unreasonable to think that if they respected people's health more, then people would respect THEM more and maybe pay them more!! I mean, no emergency cover? What are you supposed to do if you have an appt booked for that day? Wait another six weeks?? I think the junior doctors really need to buck their ideas up....

51yearsandcounting Wed 27-Apr-16 16:53:43

YABU. Many more people will suffer much more badly if/when the JD contract is imposed as many doctors will leave never to return. Those that are left will be so tired and overstretched that they will make mistakes. They have been backed into a corner.

HookedOnHooking Wed 27-Apr-16 16:53:46

Have you been reading the Daily Mail again?

yorkshapudding Wed 27-Apr-16 16:55:07

biscuit

AliceInUnderpants Wed 27-Apr-16 16:55:10

Oh FFS, actually read something of substance, yeah?

Stillunexpected Wed 27-Apr-16 16:55:26

If it was up to the "people" to determine their pay rise, they would already be paid more wouldn't they? Unfortunately it is Jeremy Hunt who determines that currently. The new contract which he wishes to introduce will endanger people's health far more than their strike. And if you listened, you would have heard that consultants are providing the emergency cover.

CheeseAndPizza Wed 27-Apr-16 16:55:57

I don't read the daily fail, I just think it's unacceptable to just not come to work, especially not if you have an important job like that, just because you want more money. Seems greedy to me.

MrsLeighHalfpenny Wed 27-Apr-16 16:55:59

I don't think anyone should ever hold another party to ransome by striking.

MajesticSeaFlapFlap Wed 27-Apr-16 16:56:03

Are you Jeremy cunt?

MailonlineEffOff Wed 27-Apr-16 16:56:04

YABVU they are looking at the bigger picture and blocking the next steps of NHS privatisation.

ClaraLane Wed 27-Apr-16 16:56:29

I think you'll find they're professionals actually, not PROFFESSIONALS hmm Plus there's plenty of consultant cover for emergencies and inpatient care. I work in a hospital, we didn't just kick out all the poorly people you know.

honeysucklejasmine Wed 27-Apr-16 16:56:38

Oh, will you fuck off with your ignorance. You're embarrassing yourself.

AntiHop Wed 27-Apr-16 16:56:50

Perhaps you should read up on what the strike is actually about. It's not about wanting a payrise. It's about wanting to stop Hunt and the tories' plans which make the NHS unsafe and unworkable and would very likely lead to the end of the NHS and we know it. If the plan to destroy the NHS goes ahead, you'll be waiting a lot longer than 6 weeks for an appointment. Also Hunt's plans would mean an pay cut for many doctors.

MitzyLeFrouf Wed 27-Apr-16 16:57:04

Tit.

Shakirasma Wed 27-Apr-16 16:57:30

What source have you based your OP on? Cos tbh you're talking utter drivel!

shinynewusername Wed 27-Apr-16 16:58:00

They don't want a pay rise. Their pay is being cut and the safeguards against working dangerously long hours are being removed.

Many, many areas of medicine are now unable to fill training places because so many junior doctors are quitting or moving abroad. If you are so concerned about patient safety, what do you think will happen when there are not enough doctors left to run a service?

AnyFucker Wed 27-Apr-16 16:58:21

Gosh, it really grates when someone comes across as so utterly dim doesn't it

I feel embarrassed for you, op

PortiaCastis Wed 27-Apr-16 16:58:45

Oh dear

TheCrimsonPleb Wed 27-Apr-16 16:58:48

I think you need to educate yourself OP. It's more complex than just wanting more money. Also my local A&E wasn't closed on the strike day so rein back on the hysteria.

Believeitornot Wed 27-Apr-16 16:58:53

YABU

They aren't paid based on respect ratings.

Do you know how long it takes to become a doctor? You've got to be motivated, clever and dedicated. It is a vocation.

So these people have worked hard and do a brilliant job. They generally love their jobs.

Put yourself in their shoes and imagine why they've got to this point.

Look at how the public sector professions are treated in this country. Consider how valuable they are to this country (why else would their training be funded by the taxpayer). And look at how they're values and respected:

Social workers
Teachers
Nurses
Midwives
Doctors

They are people, people like you and me. They're highly motivated to want to make a difference but are not respected at all. These people are not volunteers. They have lives, families to support. We should applaud them. Not try and under value them, cut their pay and worsen their conditions.

I do not want a doctor treating me who is battling on with only a few hours sleep, because they're being stretched.

I suggest you do some reading and educate yourself on the dispute.

And save your rage for people like Phillip green who has stolen from the pension pots of people who work in BHS stores, all to fund his yacht habit.

seasidesally Wed 27-Apr-16 16:59:10

YABVVVVVVU

i dont say i know alot about it But i support them and am glad their sticking to it

It'a about time somebody stuck up for workers instead of being rail-roaded as the Tory's have done for years

i will support them till i hear a convincing argument as to why they should NOT strike

I hope the teachers do the same,education is in crisis and feel they need more support

katiegg Wed 27-Apr-16 16:59:30

They don't want a pay rise, they have effectively been handed a pay cut. They are deeply concerned about people's health and a big part of the strike is to highlight that the service will be unsafe due to the changes in their working hours.

MaryThorne Wed 27-Apr-16 16:59:51

They don't want a pay rise. Their pay is being cut and the safeguards against working dangerously long hours are being removed.

Many, many areas of medicine are now unable to fill training places because so many junior doctors are quitting or moving abroad. If you are so concerned about patient safety, what do you think will happen when there are not enough doctors left to run a service?

^^ This!!

Timeforabiscuit Wed 27-Apr-16 17:00:09

They aren't being paid while they strike, they have withdrawn their labour with more than adequate notice, appropriate plans have been put in place.

UNPROFFFESSIONAL would be saying "fuck this shit" and walking out the door without a backward glance.

Personally with the deal they've been offered I'd just walk or work to rule.

MaryThorne Wed 27-Apr-16 17:00:25

Oh and YABVVU

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now