Skater stickers for Nephew- Rape reference. Livid

(27 Posts)
NotGonnaAnswerThePhone Wed 27-Apr-16 12:32:03

I was on Amazon and bought my DN aged 14 a sticker bomb pack. On arrival it had various stickers, DC's, Etnies - the usual skate stuff then I came across this sticker.

AIBU to be livid with the company? These stickers also contained stickers of popular childrens tv Characters so are marketed towards children - even so, thats irrelevant. This is a fucking awful message to be conveying. Should I complain to the seller or am I wasting my time?

Nanny0gg Wed 27-Apr-16 12:38:17

Yes complain. Facebook and Twitter too.

Name and shame. Even if they're not directed at children they're dreadful.

Would Trading Standards be interested?

acasualobserver Wed 27-Apr-16 12:39:58

That's appalling. Yes, you should complain. I have no idea, though, about whether you'd be wasting your time.

molyholy Wed 27-Apr-16 12:40:59

Wow. That is disgraceful!!!! Yes, definitely take it further.

tangerino Wed 27-Apr-16 12:41:06

Yes, I would make a huge fuss. Also I'd be surprised if whoever owns the IP in the children's characters would be ok with them being sold in a pack with this one. I would also raise it with Amazon and on social media.

NotEnoughTime Wed 27-Apr-16 12:43:25

That is shocking angry angry angry angry

Complain I would go nuclear

DeputyPecksBentBeak Wed 27-Apr-16 12:44:54

Fuck me...who sat down and thought that was a good idea

MorrisZapp Wed 27-Apr-16 12:45:23

Wtf? Outrageous. Make a fuss.

ParanoidGynodroid Wed 27-Apr-16 12:46:02

Absolutely shocking. Both the suppliers and manufacturers should be challenged about this.

GreyAndGoldInTheMeadow Wed 27-Apr-16 12:47:26

WTH! That is grim, yes complain loudly.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Wed 27-Apr-16 12:48:07

Awful. I'd complain directly and give them a chance to sort it out, then complain loudly and publicly if they don't.

AdoraBell Wed 27-Apr-16 12:50:20

Complain on social media as suggested. Picking up on a previous point I would contact the CEO of the other sticker brands and let them know the company their stickers are keeping once they leave the printers and ask they are happy with it.

BillBrysonsBeard Wed 27-Apr-16 12:51:07

Really awful. Really really awful! Even as a joke! Just totally the opposite of what we are trying to teach teens.

AristotlesTrousers Wed 27-Apr-16 12:52:23

Fucking hell OP, that's outrageous! YWNBU to take this as far as you can. I'm seething too. angry

Jasonandyawegunorts Wed 27-Apr-16 12:52:56

That is disgraceful shouldn't be marketed towards anyone let alone children.

I'd also contact the rights holders for the characters they are using and inform them.

ilove Wed 27-Apr-16 12:55:02

That's absolutely atrocious. Just showed it to DH without telling him what it was, and asked him what he thought it was saying - instant response "it's encouraging rape - what the hell is it?"

Please let us know what response you get

Jasonandyawegunorts Wed 27-Apr-16 12:57:53

If the person who writes for the mail visits this thread, this is the type of thing that should be brought to public attention.

deepdarkwood Wed 27-Apr-16 12:58:28

Wow, that's dreadful. Yes, I'd be going ballistic - as others have said, social media is your friend here (esp twitter) everyday sexism etc would be all over this and I imagine you'd be able to get a shit storm going that they wouldn't want to ignore!

Tbh, I wouldn't go for the softly softly give them a chance to apologise route on this - jugular time!

FeelingSmurfy Wed 27-Apr-16 12:59:27

I can't even put into words how terrible that is!!!

It shouldn't be out there at all!! It definitely shouldnt be something that young people could get their hands on

runningLou Wed 27-Apr-16 13:10:38

I would also report the seller on Amazon, and tell the seller you have done so.

NotGonnaAnswerThePhone Wed 27-Apr-16 13:11:33

Seems the company is in China, really struggling to find any website or social media for them.

Also, the selling page on Amazon lists 2 companies by different names. Any suggestions how I cane scalate this? Says the stickers are by one company and sold by another ?

Jasonandyawegunorts Wed 27-Apr-16 13:16:48

It's highly likely they've just stolen the pictures from the internet and pirated stickers from them.

Can you contact amazon's customer help?

NotGonnaAnswerThePhone Wed 27-Apr-16 13:18:57

Yes, I will contact them when I get home from work this evening.

Also included in the stickers was a banana with 2 women either side, licking it seductively!

I could see from the ad that they had a cannabis leaf sticker in the pack, hence me opening it prior to passing them on to DN but never expected this!

Mishaps Wed 27-Apr-16 13:20:22

That is shocking and perfectly appalling - name and shame on Facebook, Twitter, where ever you can. How dare they. And complain to Amazon.

ValancyJane Wed 27-Apr-16 13:22:52

I was not expecting that, YADNBU. Totally inappropriate, definitely complain!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now