to think Friday is the best night to have as your "own"?

(12 Posts)
JeremiahOfCuntington Wed 27-Apr-16 10:54:41

DP plays football and then goes to the pub with his mates every Friday evening (5pm-11pm). This means that every Friday evening I am home with the kids.

This is basically fine, and there are other evenings I can go out if I want to. But AIBU to be a bit fucked off sometimes that every week he "gets" Fridays? Because that's so often the night when social things happen.

I know I should be discussing this with him rather than venting on the internet, but today I feel like venting on internet instead. In fact I feel better already. Thank you, MN.

EatShitDerek Wed 27-Apr-16 10:55:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JeremiahOfCuntington Wed 27-Apr-16 10:58:35

That would be the sensible thing Derek - you're right. Maybe I'll do that. I still resent Fridays though grin

AnotherCiderPlease Wed 27-Apr-16 11:00:09

Stop resentig them and pay for childcare and go out on a Friday yourself!

RebeccaWithTheGoodHair Wed 27-Apr-16 11:00:27

I thought you were going to say that Friday night was the best night because you could be on your own! Personally I would LOVE DH to push off and leave me with a bottle of wine and my book. Unfortunately he seems to like my company and I can't get rid of him.

EatShitDerek Wed 27-Apr-16 11:01:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Wed 27-Apr-16 11:01:34

Well I certsinly think if there's something you want to do one Friday you need to say that seeing as he's been out the last x number of Fridays you will be going out this time. He would be unreasonable if he said no. I can under stand the football being more of a commitment but that will finish earlier than 11pm, he doesn't need to go to the pub every week, especially if you want to go out.

Foodefafa Wed 27-Apr-16 11:04:59

I hear you OP.

My ex and I split weekends but I have them every Friday while he goes out every single week after work. And then picks them up later than planned on the Sat as he's hungover hmm. It pisses me off sometimes.

JeremiahOfCuntington Wed 27-Apr-16 11:05:35

Ah you're all brilliant. Thank you flowers

My resentment is melting away into a sense of "if you don't like it, do something about it" already. And in fact most of the time I do quite like my Fridays alone in the kitchen drinking wine and dancing extravagantly while doing the washing up (things do get broken....).

Uncoping Wed 27-Apr-16 11:06:30

I love a solo Friday night!
Wine (or beer), chocolate, whatever I want to watch/play on the PS4.

It's brilliant!

JeremiahOfCuntington Wed 27-Apr-16 11:07:06

That sounds a bit shit, Food. The hangover bit would piss me off too. flowers

BillBrysonsBeard Wed 27-Apr-16 11:22:11

You are just as entitled to Fridays! Make plans every alternate friday, it's only fair... wine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now