to be mildly offended by Spotify?

(12 Posts)
AreBags Tue 26-Apr-16 22:16:42

Just discovered a new feature on the app- I can play music through my laptop!

BUT - why is my laptop called 'WTF'? Have I done this? When? How? Is Spotify angry with my laptop? Is Spotify asking why I'm playing music from my laptop when my phone is closer to me?

WTF

AreBags Tue 26-Apr-16 22:17:14

Oops, meant to add this

AreBags Tue 26-Apr-16 22:18:07

This is what it looks like when phone is selected

AreBags Tue 26-Apr-16 22:18:35

This is what it looks like when phone is selected

Nerdygalwithabook Tue 26-Apr-16 22:20:18

You have offended Spotify.

KaosReigns Wed 27-Apr-16 06:36:37

Who set up your laptop? Spotify will be using whatever name you gave it, so the only person who has caused the offense is you, or whoever set up your laptop for you.

Most people do use names like AreBags-Laptop or AreBags-PC. Mine are called Samara and Caramia, but then again I call the fridge Betty and the x-box Xavier so I'm not a good judge of normal.

KaosReigns Wed 27-Apr-16 06:40:35

Oh and if you want to change it (should work for any version of windows) right click on 'This PC' or 'My Computer', select properties. It will show your computers information including the name, and have an option to change the name.

PotOfYoghurt Wed 27-Apr-16 06:49:02

Yes check your settings as it would be more curious if your laptop name wasn't WTF in there.

All of mine get names of stars, my father used to name his after ships.

PotOfYoghurt Wed 27-Apr-16 06:49:25

Yes check your settings as it would be more curious if your laptop name wasn't WTF in there.

PotOfYoghurt Wed 27-Apr-16 06:49:29

PotOfYoghurt Wed 27-Apr-16 06:50:26

Ah fuck it. Anyone else having trouble with the app and its connection at the moment? angry

AreBags Wed 27-Apr-16 07:07:19

My laptop does indeed appear to be called WTF. I set it up myself and have no recollection whatsoever of doing that shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now