to think that Martha Cliff is a colossal arsehole?

(19 Posts)
GooseberryRoolz Tue 26-Apr-16 19:37:47

She is the DM so called "journalist" who has stolen last week's AIBU by a grieving mother as a puff piece for today's fail. Wholesale.

PerspicaciaTick Tue 26-Apr-16 19:39:20

Her parents must be so proud of her.

Tiggeryoubastard Tue 26-Apr-16 19:40:50

Absolutely hate to say this but was the OP of that thread genuine? Or was it Ms Cliff?

Griphook Tue 26-Apr-16 19:40:58

I saw that, I don't know what to say. sad

Spandexpants007 Tue 26-Apr-16 19:41:42

Cold hearted scum

hobnobsaremyfave Tue 26-Apr-16 19:42:00

This is the third or possibly fourth thread on this now.

Spandexpants007 Tue 26-Apr-16 19:42:11

That sort of crap is the reason I don't buy the DM

GooseberryRoolz Tue 26-Apr-16 19:43:19

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3559474/Grieving-mother-reveals-buys-dead-son-clothes-signs-school-clubs-cope-loss.html

usual Tue 26-Apr-16 19:43:34

I had my doubts about the thread.

LineyReborn Tue 26-Apr-16 19:44:16

Trolls are planting stories here.

GooseberryRoolz Tue 26-Apr-16 19:44:18

Oh is is it? Sorry hob. Searching on the app is a bit hit and miss. I'm glad I've name checked her anyway.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Tue 26-Apr-16 19:45:28

Sorry but I had doubts about that thread.

GooseberryRoolz Tue 26-Apr-16 19:45:44

If DM hacks are turning troll to generate "lift" pieces (and getting MNers to open their hearts in the process) then that's even worse angry

MadamDeathstare Tue 26-Apr-16 19:47:52

Tigger

I hope the OP of that thread was a troll because if she is real and found out about the story it must be absolutely gut wrenchingly horrible for her right now. Also if she is a troll maybe the Cliff creature can be fired for not checking sources and generally being a crappy journalist.

I'd love to know which journalism school she attended. Wherever it was does either does a piss poor job of teaching ethics or needs to ask for their degree back from her.

GooseberryRoolz Tue 26-Apr-16 19:50:10

I'm wondering if MNHQ collect a fee each time this happens, or whether they're not asserting any copyright they have, or what is going on?

GooseberryRoolz Tue 26-Apr-16 19:51:12

Using the baby's name like that was particularly shitty, though sad

timemaychangeme Tue 26-Apr-16 19:54:24

I agree MadamDeathstare. I hope it was a troll because the distress this is likely to have caused, is awful to think about

I didn't even study journalism, but submitted articles to two or three mags on a freelance basis. No way could I imagine simply cutting and pasting posts from a forum and calling it 'copy.' Not even if I was desperate. And if I had made such an error of judgement and was that lazy and crap, I can't think of one editor I dealt with, accepting such vile rubbish.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Tue 26-Apr-16 19:54:54

I shouldn't think MN are collecting a fee. What would it be for? They're allowed to use a third of content without breaching copyright. As threads and posts are relatively new concepts, from there it gets more difficult, but they could safely say they didn't take more than 33% of that whole thread. Just the OPs posts and a handful of responses.

It's horrendous, but as yet, there's no indication that MN are involved.

GooseberryRoolz Tue 26-Apr-16 19:57:21

That's what I was trying to remember/fathom anchor. A third eh?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now