AIBU to steal the TV remote

(10 Posts)
AnotherStitchInTime Mon 25-Apr-16 22:29:36

All the children are in bed asleep yet DH is still watching Ben and Holly and laughing at it.

If it wasn't bad enough that I have to watch back to back Peppa with ds.

AIBU to steal the TV remote? I have asked him to change it already, but he wanted to finish watching hmm

Ticktacktock Mon 25-Apr-16 22:40:13

Can't you watch TV on the device you've posted on?

paxillin Mon 25-Apr-16 22:44:02

We used to do this without realising. Kids both out of the room and we sat there watching the octonauts.

Arfarfanarf Mon 25-Apr-16 22:44:43

I'd say yes but ive ended up watching shit like that long after the kids had left the room far too many times, so I'd be a hypocrite grin

AnotherStitchInTime Mon 25-Apr-16 22:44:51

No only Iplayer or Youtube. Besides DH is actually playing a game on his computer so does not need to watch TV.

Finally got the remote off him after it switched to Peppa Pig, that was a step too far even for him.

paxillin Mon 25-Apr-16 22:47:17

Put on Care Bears or My Little Pony. If he protests, say you'll just finish watching the episode.

AnotherStitchInTime Mon 25-Apr-16 22:52:09

Not a bad idea paxillin, I can confess to enjoying MLP. Although I think Pokemon might be a better option as Dd1 and 2 are obsessed and drive him round the bend constantly waffling on about mega-evolving and which Pokemon they have just caught.

paxillin Mon 25-Apr-16 22:55:27

Hello, my name is AnotherStitchInTime and I secretly watch MLP grin.

I am quite partial to an episode or five of Young Dracula, strictly for the kids of course

AnotherStitchInTime Mon 25-Apr-16 23:01:31

grin

Cloud88 Mon 25-Apr-16 23:43:21

YABU, I'd take Ben and Holly any day over my current situation of watching DP on the Xbox sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now