To return a used item?

(11 Posts)
TowerRose Mon 25-Apr-16 14:58:38

I bought a bra on the weekend, the cups are thin lace. I wore it yesterday and now there's a hole in one of the cups. Nothing has scratched against it, I think it was just a fault with the seam? Obviously I took the tag off but still have that and the hanger as well as the receipt. Normally I'd think it grim to take back something worn but it was £25 and should last more than one day. Would you try and take it back or just keep and try and fix it?

Cakedoesntjudge Mon 25-Apr-16 15:00:19

I work in retail and in situations like this, if the hole is on the seam we will take the item back as faulty. Some places will only offer an exchange so be wary of that. I would do it, £25 is a lot of money for me.

YoungGirlGrowingOld Mon 25-Apr-16 15:00:38

Take it back - unfit for purpose under the sake of goods act. (I have returned things after more than one wear when there has obviously been a flaw - which seems to be the case here).

M&S quality is going down the crapper unfortunately!

YoungGirlGrowingOld Mon 25-Apr-16 15:01:43

And you didn't mention M&S - sorry, will read OP more carefully next time! (I just assumed cos their bras are so rubbish these days!) grin

FinallyFreeFromItAll Mon 25-Apr-16 15:34:31

Definitely return. Not fit for purpose under sale of goods act. They must offer to refund or replace.

TowerRose Mon 25-Apr-16 18:20:51

Thanks everyone! I asked a friend and they told me to lie and say i haven't worn it. Would there really be an issue if i said I'd worn it for a day?

YoungGirlGrowingOld Mon 25-Apr-16 18:24:13

No issue - it's not fit for purpose. If it was it wouldn't have split after one wear! It wouldn't matter (within reason) if you had worn it more than once.

Alb1 Mon 25-Apr-16 18:30:34

I would take it back, I work in retail and we'd just accept that as a faulty return, they'll be able to see from the date you bought it that it's not your fault. £25 is a lot of money!

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Mon 25-Apr-16 18:31:53

I would. I took a bra back as after one wear both underwires had poked out. I had it replaced.

lifesalongsong Mon 25-Apr-16 18:37:13

Of course take it back, why wouldn't you? It's obviously faulty, I bet the shop won't even question it.

GrumpyOldBag Mon 25-Apr-16 18:43:08

There should be no issue about returning it worn - the item is faulty, you should get a full refund or a replacement. End of. You still have the receipt which proves you can't have been wearing it a lot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now