To LTB for getting into bed first?

(13 Posts)
LindorBunny Sun 24-Apr-16 22:46:46

I changed the bed and oh bloody well went to bed before me. Bed changer gets the privilege of being first into the lovely clean covers, do they not? They're warm and slightly rumpled now.

OneMoreForExtra Sun 24-Apr-16 22:50:51

Definitely. DS did this last time I changed the sheets. Ruined.

Plus, every minute DH is in bed before me is like a minute's less sleep for me. If I'm knackered and need an early night, and he says he's tired and will turn in early too, it cancels out the extra rest.

WhoAteAllTheDinosaurs Sun 24-Apr-16 22:50:56

You are absolutely not being unreasonable. I hate it when I change the bed and DH gets in first, robbing me of those lovely cool fresh sheets. Bastard.

EatShitDerek Sun 24-Apr-16 22:51:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PattiLevin Sun 24-Apr-16 23:00:54

YANBU. not only does oh steal dibsies on clean bedding he consistently lays on my side of the bed when I'm not there stinking it up angry

LindorBunny Sun 24-Apr-16 23:03:17

Ooh, the utter git knows I'm annoyed and has just patted the duvet and said how much he loves clean covers, and especially ones dried outside.

I'm going to smack him with his clean pillow in a second.

RaeSkywalker Sun 24-Apr-16 23:10:28

I'd normally agree with you (because I normally change the bed). However, DH has done it today because I've got HG and was too busy trying to keep my food down throwing up to do it. I'm correct in thinking that HG gives me the right to crawl in first though, yes?

LindorBunny Sun 24-Apr-16 23:17:22

Yes, any form of illness (other than man flu) allows you first dibs.

babyboyHarrison Sun 24-Apr-16 23:27:32

HG... Poor you. Buy some keytone sticks from the chemist and keep an eye on your levels. If they get high go straight to the doctors and see if you can go on a drip to get your fluids back up.

RaeSkywalker Mon 25-Apr-16 08:27:52

Thanks babyboy, I was in hospital with it a couple of weeks ago, I'm hoping to avoid it again. Will see if I can order the sticks today- thank you for the tip! smile

crazywriter Mon 25-Apr-16 09:11:01

Who gets to when we both do it? I do sheet and pillows he does duvet because it passes me off lol

coldcanary Mon 25-Apr-16 09:47:13

That's why I get into bed for a few minutes if I've changed it blush
Get in starfish around the bed and take in all the lovely new sheet feeling.
DH does it too & thinks I don't know..

GrouchyKiwi Mon 25-Apr-16 09:55:29

<adds "lets me get into the freshly made bed first every single time" to reasons why DH is a gem>

YANBU.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now