... to Marie Kondo the crap out of this pile?

(29 Posts)
thatorchidmoment Sat 23-Apr-16 11:50:16

DD has a sport session in a local school. She doesn't want me leaving her there, so I'm spending a chunk of my Saturday looking at this! Surely the school kids would be grateful if I just... folded everything Kondo-style and stacked it all neatly in the perfectly good storage unit behind the vast pile of abandoned stuff?!

pippistrelle Sat 23-Apr-16 11:56:57

It might be Art.

I don't think I'd be able to resist. Messy gits. At the very least it needs a passive aggressive note.

thatorchidmoment Sat 23-Apr-16 12:05:23

If it's Art, standards have slipped since My Day <hoiks bosom>.
The only thing stopping me is the fact that we are near the front entrance with lots of people wandering past and I would look like a loon folding things into neat rectangles and stacking them on end. Plus I have my two younger DC to watch. <regretful sigh>

TiredOfSleep Sat 23-Apr-16 12:08:33

I tidied the leaflet rack at my local job centre the other day when I was waiting to be seen. I'd be so tempted too!

WhispersOfWickedness Sat 23-Apr-16 12:09:55

Do it! I couldn't resist blush

thatorchidmoment Sat 23-Apr-16 12:15:18

I'm now looking shiftily around to see if I could just grab one jumper without being spotted. Too much traffic so far.

Sothatsflatwhite Sat 23-Apr-16 12:17:39

Definitely do it and get younger DCs to help!

Schwabischeweihnachtskanne Sat 23-Apr-16 12:18:24

Do it with confidence and people walking past will assume you are meant to be doing it.

thatorchidmoment Sat 23-Apr-16 12:20:52

Flatwhite I totally would, but they are 3 and 9 months. There are also 3 other parents fossilising waiting in the same area. I need to sit on my hands to stop spreading the life changing magic!

thatorchidmoment Sat 23-Apr-16 12:23:14

Schwabi I wish I had that kind of chutzpah. There are now a couple of kids of high school age sitting beside me who probably go to school here, and have their phones out. I fear my mugshot would be disseminated by them as a crazy lady.

thatorchidmoment Sat 23-Apr-16 12:24:08

DS 3 is starting a tantrum. Do I intervene, or hope he clears the area with his meltdown?

liinyo Sat 23-Apr-16 12:28:09

I am totally not an MK person but I want to see the after photo of this. Don't be shy.

thatorchidmoment Sat 23-Apr-16 12:37:31

I might have to work up to it. I'll have many Saturdays to gaze upon the view.

thatorchidmoment Sat 23-Apr-16 12:40:07

I may have done something blush

PPie10 Sat 23-Apr-16 12:40:19

Please do it. I need to see it all tidied and put away smile

pippistrelle Sat 23-Apr-16 13:11:09

Lovely job, OP. Changing the world one messy shelf at a time.

Inspired by you, I tidied the chewing gum when I was waiting in the queue at the newsagents.

rumbleinthrjungle Sat 23-Apr-16 13:24:43

Ooooh!! I want pictures when it's done. That's art that is.

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Sat 23-Apr-16 13:30:19

Put one item in each and every pigeonhole. Preferably in colour order.
Take photos!

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Sat 23-Apr-16 13:31:08

Do it this week and report back next week

thatorchidmoment Sat 23-Apr-16 13:55:30

<applauds pipistrelle>
Breakfast: there are definitely too many items for just one in each doocot. This is not my DD's school, so I can only vandalise tidy once a week at most. I know it goes against the sacred principles of KonMari to do things a little at a time. Plus, I wonder if the school has cctv!?
Also, I had a whiff of Teenage Boy when I picked up a jacket envy (<- not envy).

LumpySpacedPrincess Sat 23-Apr-16 16:00:55

I love the idea of guerilla Kondoing!!!!!!!

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Sat 23-Apr-16 16:45:28

Guerrilla Kondoing!

What about creeping into Benetton and refolding the jumpers to stand up on the end?

thatorchidmoment Sat 23-Apr-16 17:05:20

Guerrilla Kondo-ing is definitely a political movement I could get behind. I fear I only managed to tidy about ten items before I chickened out.

YY to rearranging stock in sloppy shop displays! Gap makes my teeth itch, and don't get me started on Zara.

<swoons, clutching smelling salts>

<revives at thought of clean washing in laundry room which needs to be Folded>

AlisonWunderland Sat 23-Apr-16 17:23:57

Marks and Spencer could do with some Kondo ninjas.
Take every skirt from Per Una, and Autograph, and Classic and Dunno What and PUT ALL THE SKIRTS TOGETHER FFS!

thatorchidmoment Sat 23-Apr-16 17:37:11

Right Kondo ninjas, I have two words for you:

Sports. Direct.

That is all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now