to ask about

(7 Posts)
WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Fri 22-Apr-16 13:47:48

Fitbits and other brands of the same thing?

I have recently got a posh new phone that has a fitness thing on it . Galaxy s6.

I now want a cheap arm thingy but I am totally clueless.

Can anybody tell me if I need a particular brand to go with the s6?

And how much is a cheap thingy?

And what is their proper name?

Where can I get one from? I had a quick look on argos website. It listed one for £20. Ooh. Perfect. Buts that's just a strap...sad

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Fri 22-Apr-16 17:25:57

Anybody? sad

Birdsgottafly Fri 22-Apr-16 19:54:54

I got mine from Groupn, it was £15.

You then download the App onto any phone.

I used it for step counting and a couple of exercises and the stop watch when Ivwas 'Planking'.

I don't need the features of the more expensive ones, but some people might.

Fooshufflewickbannanapants Fri 22-Apr-16 19:56:17

The phone will count your steps of its on your person and can even tell wjen I'm cycling!

Birdsgottafly Fri 22-Apr-16 20:05:36

As Foo said your phone will do what my rip off Fitbit did, I just didn't always want to carry my phone, or when I was out all day, my battery would be low etc.

Decide what it is you want it to do.

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Fri 22-Apr-16 22:15:55

Yes, I have seen the phone has started counting steps. When I have it with me.

I just want to start getting a bit fitter. I have had several serious injuries so can't go mad!

But after being bed-bound and house bound for weeks at a time, I thought something like that would help?

Give me some encouragement?

But if it doesn't do much more than the phone, is it worth it?

£15 sounds a good price...

LitteRedSparkle Fri 22-Apr-16 22:27:49

(you might have got more responses with a properly worded title instead of vague-netting)

I have a fitbit, its really good - makes me walk more (and then if i forget it, i sometimes think, wont bother going for a walk as it doesnt count hmm ) also - i like the fact it alerts me to phone calls - not texts though which it is supposed to do

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now