AIBU to think if I didn't work and didn't have young children my house would be a palace?!

(3 Posts)
Nospringflower Thu 21-Apr-16 11:26:24

Have had 2 days off work and done nothing except tidy, washing, online shopping etc. I'm thinking that if I didn't work I would be able to get all these jobs done while the children were at school and the house would look great all the time without all the jobs all building up. Or would the reality be different?!

It is also lovely weather which helps!

thomassodorisland Thu 21-Apr-16 14:44:37

Without the kids yes there would be less to do but with work you'd probably not have the house.

Yoksha Thu 21-Apr-16 14:52:42

OP, I'm living the reality of your thread title. On a humorous level I think YABU. I would add that it's all relative. My kids have left home. I don't work through choice. You get your house to a certain level of tidiness/cleanliness and it just goes on and on and on. It lands up being like the painting of the Forth Road Bridge. It never ends.

I'll give you an eg, I cleaned the ridges on my hall doors with a toothbrush. Yes, I agree, I'm certifiable.blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now