Bin people being noisy gits before 6 am

(12 Posts)
AudTheDeepMinded Thu 21-Apr-16 10:21:05

Today is bin day. Our bins are collected from outside of our small row of houses, which are not on a main road, and taken down to the bin lorry parked on an access road. I am of course extremely grateful that I live in a county with adequate sanitation and that rubbish is collected and disposed off BUT they are such noisy fuckers. Bang crash wallop and lots of very loud conversations shouted across the carpark between operatives. It is not like this every week so not unavoidable.

I am sooooo tired after several weeks of a fractious teething baby and last night, as is usual recently, was up many times. We'd just got back to sleep for the umpteenth time when the racket started at ten to 6. Sigh. AIBU to be peeved and consider having a moan to the council? Or perhaps I should just confront them in a wild-eyed pyjamaed state screeching like a banshee next time?

Arkwright Thu 21-Apr-16 10:26:06

Ours are not allowed to start until 7. 5.50 seems exceptionally early to be collecting bins. I would call the council.

AudTheDeepMinded Thu 21-Apr-16 10:28:14

I think we must be some of the very first properties on their round. I don't mind being a little bit disturbed by minimal noise but when it wakes us all up with a start there is no hope of getting the children back to sleep.
I will email the council and have a whinge.

PseudoBadger Thu 21-Apr-16 10:29:28

I think the banging is fair game but shouting etc not on.

HermioneJeanGranger Thu 21-Apr-16 10:33:56

That's very early - ours don't start until 7am! YANBU about the shouting but I think the banging is par for the course - it's nearly impossible to operate a bin lorry quietly!

AudTheDeepMinded Thu 21-Apr-16 10:35:06

Its REALLY loud and as per my OP it's not every week so not necessary. I probably sound paranoid but it's almost as if there's an air of 'we're up and working hard so every else shouldn't have the opportunity to be asleep'. Yep, I sound mad now!

AudTheDeepMinded Thu 21-Apr-16 10:36:20

The banging is the lids of the bins being opened and closed to check the contents prior to them being taken down to the lorry though Hermione!

Fatrascals Thu 21-Apr-16 10:37:09

Ours do the blimmin recycling at about 6.30 - that is NOISY! 😤

echt Thu 21-Apr-16 10:40:14

Yikes! I'm in Au and despite moving three time in the same suburb, always catch the 6.00,.a.m. bins.

Never before this, though.

I have never heard a bin man shout while I've lived here. Possibly it is forbidden in the contract. To be fair, they collect on the same day every week, even if that day is Christmas/ANZAC/New Year's.

This has reminded me: I haven't put the bins out, and it's pissing down. For once.
I'll get me coat. And wellies.

Birdsgottafly Thu 21-Apr-16 10:40:26

Ours don't start until 7 and only the wagons make a noise.

Have you looked on the LA website to check what time they're supposed to be starting?

That's just stupid o'clock.

AudTheDeepMinded Thu 21-Apr-16 10:46:21

Thanks for replies. I'm going to contact the council and if that fais next time they start I'll hand the baby over!

AudTheDeepMinded Thu 21-Apr-16 10:51:21

website says 6am for start of collection but even then you would expect them to be considerate of residents wouldn't you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now