To be annoyed that DP has ruined this series for me

(72 Posts)
NoCapes Wed 20-Apr-16 21:18:30

Me & DP have just started watching a series a few weeks ago, it's currently at series 5 on tv so we've a lot of catching up to do to get up to date

We both really enjoy it and have agreed we'll only watch it together (he has form for binge watching things without me when I'm in bed then I give up because I don't have time to catch up as he wont re-watch)

Thing is, he wants to watch 3/4 episodes a night
Every single night as soon as the kids are in bed he wants to put it on, huffs when I say no I need to clean the kitchen/do a wash/have a shower etc, then moans when I've had enough and want to go to bed
Some nights I just don't fancy watching it that night and want to do or watch something else

So now he's made watching it a chore and just yet another thing on my never ending list of things I've got to do every day and I don't enjoy it anymore
I'm in bed now and he's watching without me

I'm actually really fucked off because I really do like it and I won't be able to watch any more of it now

Bastard

Wolfiefan Wed 20-Apr-16 21:19:58

I don't understand. Why can't you watch it at different times at your own speeds? confused

NoCapes Wed 20-Apr-16 21:22:17

Because he's in work all day and I have kids all day
The only time we have to watch tv is at night once kids are in bed, and we can only watch 1 thing at a time

PseudoBadger Wed 20-Apr-16 21:22:57

GOT?

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 20-Apr-16 21:24:21

What is it <<nosey>>

My DH Binge Watches too.
"Lost" was the worst he had to watch every blooody episode before we ran out of Netflix free trial (and we were going away)

He wants to rewatch "Game of Thrones" but I don't think I can be arsed.

If it;s "Waling Dead" to have permission to marmalise him wink

NoCapes Wed 20-Apr-16 21:24:26

Ha no not GOT, that was one of the series that he carried on without me and I had to abandon, that and The Walking Dead

EverySongbirdSays Wed 20-Apr-16 21:25:17

Bastard. And if it is GOT read the books and spoil stuff for him grin

DoreenLethal Wed 20-Apr-16 21:25:35

Can you just put the next one on that you haven't seen and let him go do something else one evening other than control your TV?

NoCapes Wed 20-Apr-16 21:25:37

ha X post 70

It's Suits - not very well known but really very good, and I'm a little bit in love with one of the characters blush

EverySongbirdSays Wed 20-Apr-16 21:26:32

I want to know what it is now

EverySongbirdSays Wed 20-Apr-16 21:27:46

Oh god I looooooovvvvvesssss Suits if it's any consolation it's gone down the pan a bit though. Watch it at your own pace for a perve.

Obliviated Wed 20-Apr-16 21:29:13

I'm the same as your DH. You'd drive me crazy. DP just gives up and I tell him the highlights. I don't mind if I'm ahead though and he puts one I've already seen on, and he doesn't mind watching an episode a series ahead of where he is. Person Of Interest is a current favourite.

trilbydoll Wed 20-Apr-16 21:30:25

DH watched The Killing without me when he was off sick. Because it was subtitled I discovered I could watch it on fast forward, I watched about 8 episodes at double speed. Ridiculous.

BriocheBriocheBrioche Wed 20-Apr-16 21:31:05

I love suits. Harvey Spector is like a god to me and I love the styling of Jessica, Rachel and Donna!

I must say, the first two series I was a bit like your dh! Stayed up far too late to watching episode after episode. Asevery says it goes a bit down the pan towards the end...

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 20-Apr-16 21:31:06

DH watched some of Suits but I've never seen it.
He Binge Watched:

Elementary
Lucifer
Arrow
Supergirl ( help) hmm
Gotham (which I don't mind because Sean Pertwee is in it) grin
American Horror Film - all of them
Breaking Bad
Fear the Walking Dead

oldlaundbooth Wed 20-Apr-16 21:31:47

Come on OP, stop with the drip feed, what is it?

Happy Valley?
House of Cards?

TendonQueen Wed 20-Apr-16 21:32:26

If you agreed you'd only watch it together, remind him of that. And say you'll do two episodes a night three times a week or something like that. Other nights he can watch something else. Or do some of the chores that seem to take up your time but not his. Don't just write this off now if you like it. There must be other stuff he can binge watch alone.

oldlaundbooth Wed 20-Apr-16 21:32:55

Sorry - missed your post.

Suits eh? So you recommend? grin

lorelei9here Wed 20-Apr-16 21:33:26

You need another tv or tv enabled device

You should both be able to enjoy it!

NoCapes Wed 20-Apr-16 21:33:47

Ah don't tell me it gets shit!
I loooovvvveeee Harvey and every time I watch I can't help but think why the fuck didn't he play Christian Grey? Anyone else?!

Also love love love Louis - I just want to give him a hug and be his real friend smile

70 Supergirl?? hmm

ThroughThickAndThin01 Wed 20-Apr-16 21:34:09

I hated. Suits.,yabvvvvu

YellowShockedFace Wed 20-Apr-16 21:36:22

NoCapes are you a bit in love with Harvey? He is in a early episode of Sex And The City if you want to see him younger and wearing a bit less

NoCapes Wed 20-Apr-16 21:36:39

Tendon that's partly what annoys me, if he would clear the kitchen while I put kids to bed then when I came down there would be time to watch, but he sits there in front of the tv with the beginning of the next episode paused just waiting for me - it's really a bit sad and just putting me off the whole thing

NoCapes Wed 20-Apr-16 21:37:44

Is he Yellow?! I've seen every episode of SATC several times and never noticed him - I'll have to go and perv investigate grin

Bringiton2016 Wed 20-Apr-16 21:38:12

It's not going to work; accept that and move on. He is showing real commitment and you're just not that bothered. I couldn't sign up to your arrangement, you would drive me mad. This is why you get your own profiles on Netflix!

On a separate note, I managed 2 episodes and thought it awful. The new guy was being shown round on his first day and told the woman she was pretty. I mean, really??? I switched off there and then, I did!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now