Gather here famous MNetters for some of ye are famous

(26 Posts)
AdrenalineFudge Tue 19-Apr-16 16:19:21

Article in the Independent r.e "The thirteen best (worst) things that have ever happened on Mumsnet"

Link: indy100.independent.co.uk/article/the-thirteen-best-worst-things-that-have-ever-happened-on-mumsnet--b1p_uZfIZW

I honestly still can't get my head around the bullshit that was Penis Beaker!? How did that come to define the site considering what a pile of shite it is.

DonkeyOaty Tue 19-Apr-16 16:27:46

PB was just Not Funny

Sinister Easter Bonnet however - now THAT was funny

PS I miss Franny and her wnaky baskets

honeysucklejasmine Tue 19-Apr-16 16:52:03

Oh look! A rip off of the subreddit r/bestofmumsnet (at least acknowledged) which has about 12 things on it and none of them recent.

Although it does have a rather gratifying post stating that they hoped they could laugh at us, but after seeing our posts rather wanted to join us.

Is this modern journalism? For I too can rehash a few posts from a subreddit.

Which, incidentally, certainly does not contain the "best of Mumsnet".

Doesn't even mention Maui.

MetalMidget Tue 19-Apr-16 16:55:03

Or the hot new contender, street drug that's actually a mint.

BaronessBomburst Tue 19-Apr-16 17:02:48

I'm on there.
I'm fierce.
I'm crying with laughter.

Sparklingbrook Tue 19-Apr-16 17:07:21

Urgh. How did they narrow down 16 years of threads to those? confused

BaronessBomburst Tue 19-Apr-16 17:08:48

Are they all in Classics?

PaulAnkaTheDog Tue 19-Apr-16 17:10:06

What a load of mince. Pippa and her HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL EVENTS AGENCY isn't even included.

BolshierAryaStark Tue 19-Apr-16 17:12:16

I missed the one about the DH recording his farts but it has just made me cry laughing!

Why are they calling MNers 'Mumblrs'? confused

FlyingElbows Tue 19-Apr-16 17:13:13

Not a single mention of Maui or the elderly Korean lady. The cake one is proper famous though grin

Shakey15000 Tue 19-Apr-16 17:14:17

<twirls in and air kisses everyone> Hello, dhalinks smile

<twirls back to rehearsals>

<realises it's not that kind of famous, cares not, returns to the smell of the sawdust>

Sparklingbrook Tue 19-Apr-16 17:22:37

I didn't get the lemon drizzle thing at all. confused Penis Beaker was ridiculous.

Binglesplodge Tue 19-Apr-16 17:23:34

Paul: what's the events agency thread? I've been here a couple of years but it's the first time I've seen it referenced. I love a good classic...

TheFormidableMrsC Tue 19-Apr-16 17:31:43

Oh this is brilliant <claps> grin

BalloonSlayer Tue 19-Apr-16 17:44:42

I want to read the fart one now.

Just about the first thing we did when I got my first ever cassette recorder in 1975 (first of my friends to have one! so proud!) was to try to record burps and farts.

My DSis drank a whole can of brown ale left over from Christmas in aid of the cause and boy was it worth it, got a window-rattler of a burp. I very carefully managed to preserve it for years by record all my Sunday-night-Top-Forty sounds round it so you'd have a song, Tony Blackburn's sodding yapping all over the end, DSis's gargantuan belch, a reaction cackle, then the next song.

Ah happy days.

SuffolkNWhat Tue 19-Apr-16 17:51:29

Without Elderly Korean Lady or Mexican House Thief it's just not worth it

AdrenalineFudge Tue 19-Apr-16 17:55:36

BuffytheReasonableFeminist I wondered that too confused, I put it down to me having only been a member for about 4 years so maybe I'm not 'in' on all the jokes...

BeatrixBurgund Tue 19-Apr-16 18:01:05

We have a whole subreddit?

They weren't even the best threads. No bobble plate. No poos in weird places. No random acts of kindness. No FOOC threads. Pfft. Shoddy research.

quietbatperson Tue 19-Apr-16 19:26:28

No pombears mentioned bear but I did love the LDC bitch thread. Iirc there were a lot of threads talking about punching cakes after that one.

Queenbean Tue 19-Apr-16 19:35:23

Actually this wasn't as bad as I expected. I mean, there's no mention of the elderly Korean lady or Maui but not the worst

I wish they would start a thread and ask us to contribute to our fav threads ever. I wouldn't pick half the crap that ends up in classics

pigsDOfly Tue 19-Apr-16 19:52:04

The weasel one made me laugh but they missed out on some great stuff imo. Not sure why penis beaker always gets mentioned when anyone writes about MN but I thought it was a bit limp if I'm honest.

DiseasesOfTheSheep Tue 19-Apr-16 20:14:12

I do sympathise with weasel physics. I blame The Animals of Farthing Wood.

quietbatperson Tue 19-Apr-16 21:05:12

I thought it was a bit limp if I'm honest

grin [smutty]

ThroughThinkandThing Tue 19-Apr-16 21:45:11

Spoonyfucker is much funnier than most of them...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now