Spotify Appt is it free. Please advise

(11 Posts)
MsJamieFraser Tue 19-Apr-16 13:33:12

Ds10, downloaded the "free" Spotify appt onto his ipod, however been told it maybe not free...

The one he downloaded is the green and black logo with 3 lines... it is a free download, as no charge next to it, and ds said he clicked on the T&C because that's what he normally does hmm

Ds been tols off his mates that its free... however according to some sites it says there is a $9.99 per month charge...

He is gutted because he really thought it was free... we have't been asked for a subscription and the app ds downloaded says its a free get appt,

I am so bloody confused with the stoopid thing, as it looks to be free... but possibly not?

Please help.

Uncoping Tue 19-Apr-16 13:36:15

It is free to use and listen to music with, except you will get adverts between using it & you cannot pick and choose songs to listen to only Artists and Playlists.

It's worth the £9.99 for the amount of music on it.

RatOnnaStick Tue 19-Apr-16 13:38:18

Yes, it's completely free. If he chooses to upgrade to Spotify Premium it will cost £9.99/month. You can google the difference (no adverts etc).

Destinysdaughter Tue 19-Apr-16 13:38:43

I used to pay for it but now just have the free one. It does have adverts about every half hour and I can only play songs if there's a wifi connection so only use it at home not out and about. Still brilliant tho!

Crispbutty Tue 19-Apr-16 13:39:37

I have the free one and you can listen to whichever songs you choose.

Naoko Tue 19-Apr-16 13:39:56

Yeah it's free, the £9.99 is for a premium subscription which adds extra features and removes the ads. Perfectly usable without though.

hairygodmother Tue 19-Apr-16 13:42:55

It is free, but the free version has loads of ads in it which you have to listen to. If you pay for it, you don't get any of the ads.

MsJamieFraser Tue 19-Apr-16 13:46:04

fab, I was getting worried that he subscribed to something, he knows hes got to ask to download games well he has to ask as only dh and I have the password but because dh put the password n to get him a game, you can then download any game for another 30 mins or so without the password.

Thank you for you help, glad we aren't paying the subscription fee.

Dontneedausername Tue 19-Apr-16 14:16:48

Just so you know, you can change that setting so that it asks for the password every time smile

specialsubject Tue 19-Apr-16 14:21:48

you can get ad-muting software...

AndNowItsSeven Tue 19-Apr-16 14:28:57

You can change settings to require password immediately.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now