...not to know how to vote in the mayoral elections

(6 Posts)
tangerino Mon 18-Apr-16 19:09:25

I’m really struggling with this- I’ve been reading up on the candidates’ manifestos and, TBH, I’m struggling to tell them apart- everyone is going to build more houses, improve transport, keep the streets safe etc. Can’t find anything that explains clearly about HOW they’re going to achieve all of this and why they’re better placed to succeed than the next person.

I’ve never been a Tory voter so my natural instinct to to vote for Sadiq Khan, but he’s so unprepossessing.

Who are you voting for and why? At this rate, I’ll be casting my vote for the chap whose only policy is to legalise dope.

smalllondon Mon 18-Apr-16 20:08:34

I know it's hard! I'll be voting Sadiq as I've always been Labour and can't stand the though of another Tory. As terrible as it sounds, I think it is too much of a two horse race to vote for any of the other parties without it being a lost vote. I have to agree with you though I find Sadiq hardly inspiring. I voted for Diane Abbott to be the Labour candidate - gutted she didn't really get close, she was my MP growing up and I have a huge amount of respect for her and what she has done for London.

contortionist Mon 18-Apr-16 20:18:06

It's a supplementary vote system, so there's no downside in voting for your ideal candidate first and then Red or Blue second.

tangerino Mon 18-Apr-16 21:48:23

Thanks, Contortionist- I didn't know that.

AuntJane Mon 18-Apr-16 22:45:45

In this particular election I'm feeling "None of the above".

One strikes me as gullible, the other as a bully. Of the other 'not to small' parties one appears to have no understanding of how the city actually works.

hollieberrie Mon 18-Apr-16 22:49:06

Yes struggling too - I had a read of the booklet thing tonight and still none the wiser. I might vote for the green party lady..confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now