To replace baby carseat

(8 Posts)
ghostspirit Sun 17-Apr-16 19:39:07

My bf works as a roofer. Sometimes me and baby go in the van. But when the car seat is not in use he puts it in back of van. And I can smell the chemical sort of smell. It can't be good for baby can it. So I should replace and keep at home when not in use?

ghostspirit Sun 17-Apr-16 19:39:43

Ha answered my own question

Wolfiefan Sun 17-Apr-16 19:42:35

Can't you remove the cover and wash it?

winchester1 Sun 17-Apr-16 19:44:52

Id wash it first and ask.him what the smell is likely to be. Esp if it is something that could affect the integrity of the chair/ straps.
How olds your kid, is it almost time.to get the next size seat anyway?

ghostspirit Sun 17-Apr-16 19:51:35

He's a year. This seat last till he's 4. Utility smells like tarmac. Maybe i could try a really hot wash.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Sun 17-Apr-16 19:53:19

Maybe soak cover in bicarbonate and water before washing? Or Google for a better solution, I just made my suggestion up.

sixinabed Sun 17-Apr-16 20:25:10

You could try soaking in soda crystals (not bicarbonate - you get them in the laundry isle) - then a long wash, maybe repeat a few times. And some mega cleaner on the plastic bit. Personally I'd try cleaning before replacing given the lifespan. But as pp said check it could not have been anything corrosive.

veryproudvolleyballmum Sun 17-Apr-16 20:29:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now