To hate myself and want some sympathy?

(15 Posts)
slithytove Thu 14-Apr-16 21:45:39

DD has vomiting and diarrhoea. Was sick all over the new carpet and new sofa.

I handled it.

I got in the bath. Fell asleep. Woke up vomiting, got up to get a bucket, and SHAT gravy like diarrhoea all over the bathroom.

Even 19mo old dd avoided that.

I now have a nappy on under my knickers.

Sympathy please?!

PurpleDaisies Thu 14-Apr-16 21:46:53

Oh poor you. flowers

Are you managing to drink/keep anything down?

EveOnline2016 Thu 14-Apr-16 21:48:54

Have you got any sport type drink or dyorite in the house.

EllenRipley Thu 14-Apr-16 21:49:00

You have ALL my sympathy from today and you can have tomorrow 's sympathy too! Very much hope you feel better soon. Stomach bugs are the worst. Good thinking with the nappy, dignity is highly over- rated! X

Lifecanonlygetbetter Thu 14-Apr-16 21:50:52

Sympathy in buckets here, I recently had gall stones and was so ill, I feel your pain. I remember having my head in the toilet and desperately praying that it wouldn't come out of the other end at the same time. Have you got any Imodium?

slithytove Thu 14-Apr-16 22:06:24

Am drinking water with a tiny bit of squash and I had half a banana.
I have Imodium but don't know whether it's best to flush it out?

Worst thing is I really don't want ds (3) to get this, tomorrow will be the 3rd day of nursery dd has missed and I can't afford for him to be off and me not working!

On the plus side, this may kick start some much needed weight loss.

Aeroflotgirl Thu 14-Apr-16 22:10:29

Oh no, oh bless you. Loads of sympathy here flowers[fowers]flowers

PantsOfGold Thu 14-Apr-16 22:35:52

Lots and lots of sympathy for you OP. Stomach bugs are the absolute worst. Do you have anyone who can look after you?

Fluffyears Thu 14-Apr-16 23:47:27

Don't take Imodium if it's a bug, let it go tgrough your system. I ended up really unwell taking them with a stomach bug.

PaulAnkaTheDog Thu 14-Apr-16 23:50:36

Oh bless flowers that sounds awful! Wish if I was in that situation I could fit a nappy on my bum though. Always look for the positives OP!

NotMeNotYouNotAnyone Fri 15-Apr-16 07:08:42

So much sympathy for you flowers

Sceptimum Fri 15-Apr-16 07:24:15

Flush it out, it'll be gone faster. You poor thing!

newmumwithquestions Fri 15-Apr-16 07:31:14

I'm very impressed you can fit a nappy on your bottom. <misses point of thread>

Ahem sorry, sounds terrible. flowers flowersflowers
I'd avoid Imodium. Horrible stuff IMO. Lots of liquid!

SnakeWitch Fri 15-Apr-16 07:42:53

Sympathies, bugs are the worst. At least they tend to pass quickly - especially the more violent ones. It can only get better from here! Hope you feel better soon.

slithytove Fri 15-Apr-16 07:51:54

No better today. Dd is fine but can't send her in, so that's a day off sick for me while watching a very lively toddler in between bathroom trips.

The nappy isn't done up! Just sat in my biggest pair of knickers like some humongous sanitary pad.

DH is at home this morning and will do the nursery run for me, but otherwise am alone sad not that he can do much.

Will have to hope dd behaves and I can chill out on mumsnet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now