to ask for some advice on my spray tan please?

(8 Posts)
WhereTheFuckIsMyFuckingCoat Thu 14-Apr-16 20:50:26

It is a very close relative's wedding this weekend. We have travelled a long haul flight with four youngish children to attend. It's the first time any of us has seen all of our family for five years. We have saved and planned for 2 years.

Anyway, this evening, I had a spray tan as I have a part to play in the ceremony. For the past few days, DH has been really angry with me because I admitted something that had been affecting me due to my cancer diagnosis for possibly over a year, which affects us both, but I didn't want to tell him, partly to save his feelings and partly because I guessed (correctly), how he would react.

Long story short, we had a raging row before I went for my tan. He has accused me (fairly in some respects) of 'abandoning him' with the dcs, I have been very busy with the upcoming event and have made a couple of bad decisions in the last couple of weeks. He has had a couple of nights out. Anyway, this has been far far too rambling, but the upshot is, when I got back from the beauticians, we had another huge row, and I cried my eyes out. My spray tan is wrecked. My face was streaky, down into my neck, I've wiped it smooth, kind of down to my neck line, but I'm really worried now that the rest of my body is going to be brown and my face really white. Has anyone else done this??? Should I bite the bullet and wash the whole thing off, or will a mixture of home fake tan, foundation and maybe bronzer fix it?? To make it worse, I rarely wear makeup, and need to do my own. I just want to look nice on the day and not look stupid. I just wanted the day to go well.

I've just realised how vain and superficial I sound, but since my treatment, my appearance makes a big difference to how confident and/or anxious I feel.

If you've got this far I applaud you. Thanks.

Barbie1 Thu 14-Apr-16 20:56:55

Beauty therapist here...

Cleanse your face to get rid of any residue tan and mix 2 parts moisturiser to one part tan and apply on the face. Faces are always lighter than the body anyway, as long as you have a base colour you can just top up with bronzer.

Hope you and dh resolve your issue and you have a wonderful weekend flowers

WhereTheFuckIsMyFuckingCoat Thu 14-Apr-16 21:02:54

Thank you so much Barbie. Should I do this right down to my collar bone area, as this is where the streaks went to?

limitedperiodonly Thu 14-Apr-16 21:05:04

You don't sound a bit vain and superficial. I've no advice except to follow Barbie1's and flowers

Barbie1 Thu 14-Apr-16 21:06:43

Yes, just gently buff the streaks so they blend in as best as you can and then put on the tan mix

WhereTheFuckIsMyFuckingCoat Thu 14-Apr-16 21:09:04

Thank you limited, and for the flowers, and thank you barbie, for the kind advice.

molyholy Thu 14-Apr-16 21:12:21

You do not sound vain or superficial at all. Good advice from Barbie. I hope you have a lovely day. You sound like you have been through the mill and you deserve a nice day. Hope you sort your tan out flowers

littleshirleybeans Thu 14-Apr-16 21:14:11

💐hope you get it sorted. I love a spray tan, makes me feel and look a lot better. Makes my hair look blonder and my teeth whiter.
I'm sure you'll look lovely for the wedding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now