To change my music teacher?

(4 Posts)
Lucydogz Tue 12-Apr-16 16:06:09

I've had my music teacher for a couple of years now. She's fine but I feel like a change. I know this sounds like the ultimate 1st World Problem, but would really like to know if ibu to change, never having been in this situation before.

curren Tue 12-Apr-16 16:07:56

It's not a first world problem. It's not a problem at all. You are a paying customer and feel you want something different. Yanbu.

I left my PT last year, for no other reason than I fancied a change.

I would suggest finding a new one first though. It could take a while to find someone who is a good fit.

RaspberryOverload Wed 13-Apr-16 09:38:19

Go ahead and change teacher if you want. It's often about personality, and as you're spending time in someone's company for the lesson, I'd certainly want to be with someone I got on with, rather than a fantstic teacher I didn't like.

DD took piano lessons for a while, but never really gelled with the teacher. Who, to be fair, was good and I certainly would have taken lessons from them myself, but personality wise wasn't a good match for DD.

Found another teacher who was good for DD, but DD only got to grade 4 before deciding it wasn't for her.

Pixienott0005 Mon 18-Apr-16 15:22:19

Yanbu.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now