Aibu to want stab myself in the uterus with a spatula

(43 Posts)
goddessoftheharvest Mon 11-Apr-16 14:52:54

...and possibly get the cat to help with a DIY hysterectomy?

I feel like I'm going mad every month. TTC two years. Periods getting progressively worse since I stopped birth control. It's now got to the point where the cramps start up a week before my period is due, and build up to a climax of fucking agonising

I'm waiting on a gynae appointment. When I say waiting, the list is a mile long, and I'll be lucky to be seen this side of Christmas. I phoned the hospital and checked

As well as the cramps, I have pain in my ovaries that now seems to travel down my leg when particularly bad. I feel nauseous to the point of heaving. When on my period, I have often thrown up/passed out, though not for a while, because I have managed to take the edge of with my cocktail of tablets. It's more the discomfort which is now spreading out over the rest of the month which is making me feel increasingly desperate.

Oh, and I am always really heavy when I am on, bloat to the point where I have actually gained up to 8lbs, and my PMS is off the charts.

I just can't cope with this for much longer, and there's very little that can be done until I get that fucking appointment

I'm so fucking miserable

readytorage Mon 11-Apr-16 14:58:35

sad no advice but that sounds fucking horrendous. It's also a joke about waiting times. Hope you manage to get help soon. And good luck ttc flowers

KitKat1985 Mon 11-Apr-16 15:00:47

Sorry you are going through this. Could you phone the hospital and ask to be put on the cancellation list? It might speed things up a bit. Or if you are really desperate, maybe look into how much a private appointment would be? flowers

airside Mon 11-Apr-16 15:01:04

Go back to the doctor. At the very least they should be managing your pain and with the NHS the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

ingeniousidiot Mon 11-Apr-16 15:02:48

My private appointment for similar cost £100 and I was seen Saturday after enquiring on Wednesday.

wherearemymarbles Mon 11-Apr-16 15:05:27

aawhh, it sounds awful and to be honest could be something like endometriosis.

badger your gp for an appointment to rule it out, apart from the pain etc makes conceiving difficult

NoncommittalToSparkleMotion Mon 11-Apr-16 15:05:32

Feel your pain (literally)

No advice. I just get it. My uterus will kill me. I have no doubt.

chocolate

ItsLikeRainOnYourWeddingDay Mon 11-Apr-16 15:06:03

See a private consultant definitely. They mostly all work for the NHS anyway. They should be able to at least prescribe anything that might help.

DustyBustle Mon 11-Apr-16 15:09:03

I can truly understand your pain, but I have to say your thread title popping up in AIBU/Active is pretty offensive and distressing.

Not having a go at you, perhaps you've not considered what those words might do to other people.

goddessoftheharvest Mon 11-Apr-16 15:09:08

I have been back to my doctor a few times, and I just get offered more painkillers and the numbers of private clinics

Asking to be put on the cancellation list is a good idea. I will ring later and ask about that

Period is due in the next week or so, and I just feel exhausted and full of dread at the thought

I could afford an initial consultation and maybe a scan if I went private, but that would be it, and I'm scared it would affect my position on the waiting list with the nhs?

I am lucky to have a supportive DH and family, but I don't think they grasp how bad this is for me, because it's just a period, right?

goddessoftheharvest Mon 11-Apr-16 15:11:41

Ok Dusty, thanks for that. I'll get mn to delete the thread. Sorry

jennifer86 Mon 11-Apr-16 15:13:56

It sounds like endometriosis to me, as well. Is the gynae appointment just general gynae or specifically fertility? If you've been TTC for 2yrs you could ask to be referred to the fertility clinic as well. Just thinking the waiting time might be shorter. If you can afford to go private then that would also be an option to get seen quicker.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 11-Apr-16 15:17:41

Go back to the GP and keep going! PP is right, if they don't see you they presume you're managing. flowers

airside Mon 11-Apr-16 15:20:24

I didn't think the title was a problem. I've had pain that made amputating the affected bit of my body seem like a sensible option!

Pollyputhtekettleon Mon 11-Apr-16 15:21:15

I think it's possible that the pill was keeping your problems regular and under control. Surely if your private consultation threw up a real problem you would be prioritised on the NHS? ??

goddessoftheharvest Mon 11-Apr-16 15:22:56

DH has already had sperm tests, and I got my 21 day bloods done, but apparently nothing else can be done fertility wise until I get the gynae consultation.

Gp thinks it is endo, so we won't be put on the ivf list until I get a lap and all that. So ivf is so far in the future at this point that I'm not even that worried about it. I just want someone to do something to fix me, so I'm doing a bit better than "barely functioning"

goddessoftheharvest Mon 11-Apr-16 15:24:45

Oh good point polly I admit I don't really know how these things work. I've always been pretty healthy until now

I'm just so bloody exhausted. I feel like an old woman

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 11-Apr-16 15:25:37

There's nothing wrong with the title of the thread! A spatula is blunt, you can hide the thread if you find it disturbing.

goddessoftheharvest Mon 11-Apr-16 15:26:03

And tbh it feels like nobody really cares. Not enough to give me some tangible help anyway. I don't know how I am supposed to carry on with this getting progressively worse, for God knows how long

cleaty Mon 11-Apr-16 15:28:28

I have problems like this too, so I sympathise. I was just advised by my GP to go on the pill.

goddessoftheharvest Mon 11-Apr-16 15:28:53

Well I did mean the title to be a bit jokey. Honestly though, I'm feeling anything but jokey and I feel really upset that I have apparently been offensive and distressing when tbh I was looking for a bit of support and advice due to feeling completely down.

But thank you everybody flowers I'm being a right bundle of joy, I know, so thank you for not telling me to woman up grin

skyofdiamonds Mon 11-Apr-16 15:29:43

You need a laparoscopy

PoohBearsHole Mon 11-Apr-16 15:29:43

I was going to say endo, I had this in my late teens and early twenties which involved two surgeries and a depo injection monthly. I frequently passed out and was in agony which people don't understand. nchildbirth was less painful 😢.

save, save as much as you can and get seen privately if the list is that long. if it is December you will have at least 16 weeks of pain which isn't fair. the private consultant may give you a script you can take to your own gp. it may move you further up the list if you have a diagnosis too. good luck and keep your chin up.

PoohBearsHole Mon 11-Apr-16 15:31:18

also if it is endo, unfortunately contraception makes it easier to deal with. if it helps, having my children seems to have knocked it on its head, I don't know why but it has made life much easier.

without wishing to worry you, have they ruled out ovarian cancer, done blood tests etc? if not I am surprised they are making you wait so long for a scan. It is totally unfair to let you suffer that much, keep pushing for an earlier referral from your GP and yes ring to go on the cancellation list. as PP said, if you don't make a fuss they will assume you are coping ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now