Rotita.com

(15 Posts)
stonechallenge Fri 08-Apr-16 10:10:38

Posting in here for traffic.

Anyone ordered anything from Rotita.com?

I have. Not received anything & they won't answer emails!!!

19lottie82 Fri 08-Apr-16 10:38:10

Looks like it's a Chinese site.

When did you order your goods and how did you pay?

PegsPigs Fri 08-Apr-16 23:09:19

Yes about a week ago. Really lovely tankini but now you've got me worried!

PegsPigs Fri 08-Apr-16 23:15:07

Just checked and it was 25th March so 11 business days and it says shipping will be 7-12 business days. I logged into my account and there's an 'urging shipping' button that when pressed thanks you for reminding them. What legitimate business forgets to ship unless you log in and remind them?? That's got me worried...

19lottie82 Fri 08-Apr-16 23:33:11

If it's coming from China it can take up to a month, so I wouldn't worry yet. Again how did you pay? If by credit card or Paypal you will be able to make a claim if your item doesn't appear. (Not sure about debit cards?)

Chinese sellers aren't the most reliable, mainly due to the quality / sizing of the garments and also the high number of items that get lost in the mail.

A quick investigation around the site or Google is usually enough to tell you where the site is based, if you'd rather avoid these risks.

weeonion Fri 08-Apr-16 23:37:05

I order 2 dresses from them. One arrived about 4 weeks later. It was tiny! It was meant to be a size 14 but I couldn't get it over my head. A size 6' friend tried it and it was a snug fit! The other dress didn't arrive and after many emails, they said I had a credited amount with them. Cue more emails and it took about a month to get a refund.

stonechallenge Sat 09-Apr-16 06:48:29

Damn!!!!!! Ok - I'll now check Monday & see what's going on.

Paid by PayPal so where do I stand? Can I request refund via PayPal?

YoMommasMomma Sat 09-Apr-16 11:41:49

This site is a scam. If items arrive at all they are the wrong size and terrible quality. The pictures they post on their website are just pictures of random people from the Internet. When they get an order for one of the items they make it up then. Please don't shop with them. I hope you will be able to get your money back.

PegsPigs Sat 09-Apr-16 22:42:52

I ordered this and I've just done reverse image look up and they've nicked the photos from a company called Swim Spot. Much MUCH more expensive so that's confirmed for me it's definitely a scam.

PegsPigs Sat 09-Apr-16 23:04:48

I looked on Swim Spot to see how much it would be knowing international shipping is often extortionate. Wasn't expecting to find a big price difference between Great Britain and United Kingdom grin

stonechallenge Sun 10-Apr-16 09:02:16

Oh god that's what I ordered too.

Shall I make a claim back via PayPal?

PegsPigs Sun 10-Apr-16 09:47:14

You've got 90 days to claim back with PayPal. I'm going to give it a month with regular chasing because I do actually want it. If it doesn't appear then I will have lots of correspondence to send to PayPal to show I've tried.

jellybaby49 Sun 10-Apr-16 09:57:37

I ordered and received a skirt, was very cheap but quality was awful!

mickeysminnie Sun 10-Apr-16 10:06:06

Thanks PegsPigs! I really wanted that swimsuit but didn't know how to find out the actual sellers!!

stonechallenge Thu 14-Apr-16 16:22:59

Order arrived today, total crap!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now