to be excited, terrified and ready for a fall all in one?

(8 Posts)
cjt110 Wed 06-Apr-16 08:51:37

My son has a Cows Milk Protein Allergy and has been dairy free (df) since July 2015 (from 11m-20m old). Tomorrow we go and see his dietician for a review. The idea was to be df for 6m since seeing her, review with a possibility of starting the milk ladder (where milk is gradually re-introduced into his diet in small amounts and steps until it goes all the way to actual cows milk).

On the whole, we have been incident free without any accidental consumptions. Except in the last month or so where he appears to have had at least 2 reactions.

Im so excited to start the milk ladder and get away from this flipping allergy but Im also scared incase he has a reaction whilst on it (highly likely as very few pass without some set backs) and I'm also worried that because of these two reactions (redness in his face and a bad tummy) we will be told to put it off for another 6m.

I just want done with this flipping allergy!

T0R1 Wed 06-Apr-16 22:59:55

We did this with nuts and fish and my son is now able to eat both no problem

verytiredmummy1 Thu 07-Apr-16 21:37:12

We've just finished the milk ladder. Was so worried but DD sailed through and can now eat anything...it's wonderful!!
Good luck xx

NeedACleverNN Thu 07-Apr-16 21:40:43

Ds was/is cmpa.

We wasn't told anything about a milk ladder but was just told to introduce dairy after 1 year. If he reacts go back.

So far touch wood no reaction

cjt110 Fri 08-Apr-16 09:30:12

So, yesterday we had a review for our son's cows milk protein allergy and we have started the milk ladder! It's such a huge thing and 16 hours on after his first malted milk biscuit, we've not yet had a reaction (I gave a whole biscuit instead of a smaller piece). So, it's looking positive!

NeedACleverNN Fri 08-Apr-16 09:55:39

Brilliant news!

My ds first tried Yorkshire pudding..... Luckily it turned out OK

wannadancethenightaway Fri 08-Apr-16 09:58:12

Good luck OP! I imagine this will make life a lot easier! Fingers crossed for your DS xx

cjt110 Fri 08-Apr-16 10:04:55

I am going to give him another full biscuit today at 5pm (24 hours after yesterday's) and see how we do. Tomorow 1.5 biscuits, then the same on Sunday and 2 on Monday, Tues and Wednesday. Then to the next step. Obviously this is providing no reaction in the meantime. It's a good sign (IMO) that he hasnt reacted so far.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now