AIBU to consider not waking DH?

(9 Posts)
vvviola Mon 04-Apr-16 20:45:25

DH went for a lie-down after I got in from work (after he had got DC from minder and given them their dinner, just in case anyone thinks he's slacking).

He's started a meal replacement diet and is cranky and headachy, so needed a bit of quiet. He's only gone and fallen asleep.

AIBU to consider not waking him, as if I do it will take the best part of an hour and then he will be cranky with me for not waking him sooner hmm. And then he will decide it's too late to watch the season finale of walking dead so we'll have to watch a mind numbing car-related documentary. Or Grand Designs.

I wouldn't BU to just let him sleep and just watch Walking Dead myself, would I? grin

mineofuselessinformation Mon 04-Apr-16 20:46:57

I'd prod him a bit, mutter about Walking Dead and see if he wakes up.... If he doesn't, you tried!

gingerboy1912 Mon 04-Apr-16 20:49:38

Wake him up. Otherwise he will wake up halfway through TWD and piss you right offwink

Will he sleep through till morning now if you leave him? If so, I'd let him sleep.

M00nUnit Mon 04-Apr-16 20:52:46

I can see your dilema but I also vote for waking him up.

DixieNormas Mon 04-Apr-16 20:56:27

I'd leave him and watch twd. I often do the same with dp, he knows if he disturbs twd I would not be happy

vvviola Mon 04-Apr-16 20:57:11

No he won't Decaff, that's the problem and it's why the unselfish part of me wants to wake him.

The selfish part is being called to by a mug of tea and the lure of zombies...

HeddaGarbled Mon 04-Apr-16 21:12:39

You left him because "he obviously needed the sleep" and you are a considerate and sympathetic wife grin

vvviola Mon 04-Apr-16 22:28:34

He woke up once I mentioned tea and TWD. He did a good impression of a zombie himself for a while...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now