I am feeling mortified....

(13 Posts)
Cutecat78 Sat 02-Apr-16 10:17:02

Have had 6 (ours not together) kids for first week of Easter holidays. I have been working OH has been holding the fort.

I finished work yday looking forward to a week off and all the kids have buggered off to their various other parents/work.

After work and OH came back from delivering kids home we went to the bar down the road for happy hour and drank -shit loads of Prosecco and came home and had very loud sex (even remarking on how great it was not to feel inhibited by a zillion kids in the house).

This morning I have awoken to hear while we were all out all day yesterday we have aquired new neighbours in the semi detached house next door. I can hear my new neighbour word for word on the phone - is there any chance they didn't hear us?! blush Waaaaa!!

Sunnybitch Sat 02-Apr-16 10:18:41

Nope no chance at all grin

StringTheory Sat 02-Apr-16 10:21:00

I imagine they are feeling slightly more mortified

AllPowerfulLizardPerson Sat 02-Apr-16 10:21:28

They'll have heard about the same as your previous neighbours could hear.

The wall won't have changed it's characteristics for transmitting sound. Just that you didn't realise because your previous neighbours were quieter (like mice, it seems if an ordinary volume conversation carried).

Why did the previous neighbours move out? Just wondering...

Silvercatowner Sat 02-Apr-16 10:23:18

Your poor new neighbours...

Cutecat78 Sat 02-Apr-16 10:23:40

We knew the walls are thin we were aware that we had no neighbours hence the loudness.....

drivingmisspotty Sat 02-Apr-16 10:25:33

This is a good induction to he property for them, I think. They will have very quiet mouse sex from now on so as not to end up in your position. A win for you, long term.

Cutecat78 Sat 02-Apr-16 10:27:03

drivingmisspotty grin

PovertyPain Sat 02-Apr-16 10:28:12

Bwahaha! grin Sorry, that's all I have to say, except...Hahahaha

PovertyPain Sat 02-Apr-16 10:29:45

so as not to end up in your position

I don't think the OP mentioned what position they were in. grin

Sorry, I'll leave. blush

EveryoneElsie Sat 02-Apr-16 10:38:25

Nope. None whatsoever. I was there the night my neighbours conceived their first child.
Tell 'em you had cramp. they wont believe you and it will give them a big laugh. grin

ExasperatedAlmostAlways Sat 02-Apr-16 10:44:52

I had to go talk to my neighbour about the noise they made having sex every night and waking the kids up 😂 It went on for months before my husband said if I didn't he would and she would be even more mortified than she would it coming from me.

I was like eh this is a bit awkward but is there any chance you could maybe move your bed off the wall because it bangs really loudly against the wall and that combined with the other noise is waking us all up every time. She was mortified. We never heard another thing which was great because the things her husband use to shout made me cringe.

Iggi999 Sat 02-Apr-16 10:44:58

I think there is a thread in relationships called "am I wrong to leave my dh and 3dcs because our new house has rampant shaggers next door and I can't live with it?"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now