To wonder it anyone head tilts?

(32 Posts)
Thisisnotausername Thu 31-Mar-16 21:10:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BertrandRussell Thu 31-Mar-16 21:14:47

My ds goes to a secondary modern school. Literally everyone else in my social circle has children who go to the grammar school. I know everything there is to know about head tilts!

cuntinghomicidalcardigan Thu 31-Mar-16 21:14:57

I have a female relative with a laugh which definitely verges tinkly...

FrozenPonds Thu 31-Mar-16 21:15:09

I always think of Dolores Umbridge when I read that.

Head tilters and twinkly laughers also say stuff like 'oh, I thought you said X, but I'm sure that can't be what you ^meant''.

I hate them.

ElsaAintAsColdAsMe Thu 31-Mar-16 21:15:28

I get head tilts on an almost weekly basis.

I have have a ridiculously cute and smiley baby so get stopped a lot, whilst chatting it inevitably comes out that her dad isn't on the scene.

I get head tilts and 'never mind dear you'll find find a man one day' comments all the time.

Can't comment on the laugh, but the head tilt is real.

HixieRice Thu 31-Mar-16 21:20:01

I've never had the presence of mind more of a jaw dropper but I can raise one eyebrow, and do, frequently!

DiseasesOfTheSheep Thu 31-Mar-16 21:21:32

I head tilt in most conversations when I'm thinking. I used to work with a chap who thought it was hilarious. I didn't realise I did it before then...

Littlecaf Thu 31-Mar-16 21:22:21

I head tilt at DS. It seems to stop his crying (if there is actually nothing wrong and he's just having a paddy, obviously, not if he's hurt or anything serious before anyone head tilts at me!)

TimeToMuskUp Thu 31-Mar-16 21:23:02

MIL head tilts regularly. Less often since I asked her if she knew she was doing it.

I know a woman at work with a tinkly laugh. Most patronising laugh ever. Makes me stabby. I have to leave the staff room when she does it for fear I'll pop her head in the dishwasher and accidentally forcibly shut the door on it seventeen times.

monkeyfacegrace Thu 31-Mar-16 21:24:31

Hell yes the head tilt. My mum does it CONSTANTLY.

ShatnersBassoon Thu 31-Mar-16 21:24:53

Yes! My doctor's receptionist gives me a 45° head tilt every time I see her. I only see her about once a year, so it's not as if I'm dragging my unwell self in there on a weekly basis.

I wonder if she's memorised my notes and knows I've had ingrowing toenails my entire adult life.

PageStillNotFound404 Thu 31-Mar-16 21:25:07

I head tilt at the cat, because he does it back to me. But otherwise, no.

FirstWeTakeManhattan Thu 31-Mar-16 21:28:32

I can also arch one eyebrow, which meets most of my pissed off communication needs.

HalfwayUpALadder Thu 31-Mar-16 21:30:03

My best friend's inlaws are wealthy entitled fuckers who think they are above everyone else. The FIL in particular likes to say racist sexist homophobic controversial comments to wind people up. For various reasons I can't give him a piece of my mind, so I have mastered the wide eyed innocent head tilt and tinkly laugh to point out how nonsensical a cunt he is, yet I appear to be nothing but polite.

In normal relationships I don't do this though grin

HalfwayUpALadder Thu 31-Mar-16 22:07:46

Gah! I killed it!

weebarra Thu 31-Mar-16 22:09:42

I had breast cancer at 36 with three DCs including an 8 week old baby. I have experienced far far too many head tilts!

EnthusiasmDisturbed Thu 31-Mar-16 22:13:58

I head tilt at work

So much so i hurt my neck

And being a single mum have received many head tilts with reassuring words of there is someone out there for me confused i am quite ok on my own

witsender Thu 31-Mar-16 22:14:41

I do head tilt. Not intentionally, it is an instinct. Must go with my resting bitch face.

witsender Thu 31-Mar-16 22:16:58

It normally goes with a furrowed brow of perplexity, and happens when I am contemplating something odd being said or done but don't want to say anything!

LadyTrevelyan Thu 31-Mar-16 22:17:56

As I am nearly 50 I have had many years to experience this. Water off a duck's back now.

But now I show any displeasure with the slightest twitch of the upper lip. I find it quietly disapproving and subtle. I don't think anyone even notices.

CosyNook Thu 31-Mar-16 22:18:49

Princess Di used to head tilt

LadyTrevelyan Thu 31-Mar-16 22:19:53

Ex-mil does have a tinkly little laugh.

We were not compatable.

ilovesooty Thu 31-Mar-16 22:31:43

I often wonder how many people have boiling piss as well.

WorraLiberty Thu 31-Mar-16 22:35:20

I don't head tilt or tinkle when I laugh.

But I do often ROFL.

Oldandfallingtobits Thu 31-Mar-16 22:37:57

I head tilt at work when I am being patronising or sarcastic ........ I may do it quite a lot!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now