The WEP, pushchairs, wheelchairs, buses and London cont'd

(79 Posts)
JustBeyond Thu 31-Mar-16 11:29:14

MNHQ already said it is NBU to continue the thread after the OP had a strop and got it deleted...

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/2603249-to-invite-Londoners-to-help-the-Womens-Equality-Party?

vindscreenviper Thu 31-Mar-16 11:32:25

I was busy reading that when it went poof, I thought it was being allowed to stand, what happened?

Mellowautumn Thu 31-Mar-16 11:34:52

Considerable distress???? She really needs to get out of politics.

Ohfuckaducky Thu 31-Mar-16 11:36:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ohfuckaducky Thu 31-Mar-16 11:37:38

vindscreenviper Thu 31-Mar-16 11:40:07

Did the OP come back onto the thread? There wasn't a lot of love for the WEP but I don't think anybody was making personal attacks on the OP were they? As I said, it was zapped before I had read the last few pages.

JustBeyond Thu 31-Mar-16 11:43:24

Nope, OP didnt come back, but they messaged mnhq and "due to OPs email they felt they had a duty of care to delete the thread". I know how that reads to me, and i think others agreed before the thread went poof hmm

AuntieStella Thu 31-Mar-16 11:45:01

I don't remember any personal attacks on the OP.

It was squarely about pushchairs, not conflating them with wheelchairs, and wider opinions on the representativeness of the WEP.

BiologicalCrayon Thu 31-Mar-16 11:45:27

Did OP return to give a definition of woman as requested, Beyond? <hopeful>

Ohfuckaducky Thu 31-Mar-16 11:45:30

Samcro Thu 31-Mar-16 11:45:49

shocked that mn hq caved

JustBeyond Thu 31-Mar-16 11:50:52

Lmfao at bio. What do you think?
Doubt i'll get one now though. Do you think they think we're all gonna forget about that or are they just stupid <rhetorical...>

Anyway. I wrote a lovely elloquent and considered post about pushchairs and invisible disabilities before they threw out their toys and now i have lost it. Bugger.
Will rewrite it when i get out of the shower...

TheCrimsonPleb Thu 31-Mar-16 11:52:01

Oh. I started reading that thread yesterday when there was only 13 posts on it. I was looking forward to catching up with it today because it seemed like such a half-baked idea and I wanted to weigh in - politely of course.

DawnOfTheDoggers Thu 31-Mar-16 11:52:19

ImNotThatGirl Thu 31-Mar-16 11:52:42

I automatically shut off when people attempt to compare pushchair users with wheelchair users. It pisses me off endlessly.

BiologicalCrayon Thu 31-Mar-16 11:53:06

For reference, this is the stunt they were plugging:

www.womensequality.org.uk/the_longest_wait

And this is the guest post that has caused the bad will from some mumsnetters towards the WEP:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/guest_posts/2502963-Guest-post-Sandi-Toksvig-The-time-is-right-for-the-Womens-Equality-Party?pg=1

vindscreenviper Thu 31-Mar-16 11:55:28

The WEP seem to be very good at getting on the wrong side of posters on here then flouncing off in a strop, they need to man up grin

AuntieStella Thu 31-Mar-16 11:55:32

As the OP is in such a state that MNHQ believed they owed her a duty of care, then I hope that has extended to telling WEP about this.

Because either they are directing her to post, and need to know what has happened, so they can reassign the task to someone who is not in crisis; or they aren't and they need to consider telling her to desist.

caroldecker Thu 31-Mar-16 11:59:32

The WEP press email is press@womensequality.org.uk if you would like to let them know your views on how they manage the media.

Bubblesinthesummer Thu 31-Mar-16 12:03:16

No one was attacking the OP. Seems strange.

Ohfuckaducky Thu 31-Mar-16 12:03:57

AuntieStella Thu 31-Mar-16 12:04:38

Was that for me, caroldecker ?

Because if so, as I am not an MNHQer, and have not seen the email that led them to conclude they had a duty of care, I wouldn't have any useful information for WEP. But I hope very much that, having identified a duty of care, MNHQ include the organisation which lies behind the action of that thread's OP. So at least they get an opportunity to consider changes, even if they consider them only to reject making them.

Ohfuckaducky Thu 31-Mar-16 12:06:30

caroldecker Thu 31-Mar-16 12:16:06

AuntieStella No, not specifically for you, just for anyone who would like to understand their media strategy and why deleting a whole thread on here for no apparent reason is a winning way.

AuntieStella Thu 31-Mar-16 12:27:47

Thanks - I wasn't sure, as it appeared immediately after mine (but that could have been chance) and I had probably come across more bossily than I meant.

BTW, another question from the previous thread was about how much it would cost to replace London's bus fleet and how they would find it. Did that one get answered?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now