Breaks

(8 Posts)
Prouddaddy2015 Wed 30-Mar-16 21:54:31

I've been with my partner for a couple of years now and since our lo came along. Our time for each other has gotten less and less. Now my partner wants a break and I'm wondering why. We've had a convo and she says that it could be possibly be to do with the contraception that she been on since lo was born and I feel like I don't show my appreciation and love and effect ion to her as much as I should. Is there anyone else that has gone through or going through the same as us. I love my partner to the moon and back and the last thing I want is to loose her. Any help would be much appreciated

ConfuciousSayWhat Wed 30-Mar-16 21:55:59

Show her you appreciate her but don't let yourself be taken for a mug. Sometimes it's better to let someone go than become a doormat

RubbleBubble00 Wed 30-Mar-16 21:57:12

Relate? Each of you talk it through with counsellor then bring you together

RudeElf Wed 30-Mar-16 22:04:50

It could well be her contraception. I became a completely different person to the point of being suicidal on the pill. I just wanted to be alone all the time and pushed my partner away. When i came off it the change in me was almost instant. I felt like me again. Would she go to her GP to investigate alternatives?

Prouddaddy2015 Wed 30-Mar-16 22:54:08

I don't know I could always put it to her as I want her to be close to me again

Prouddaddy2015 Wed 30-Mar-16 22:56:39

I'm not letting myself taken for a mug she still says she loves me but just need a day or two away from me. There is something still there for me and her it's just finding the time again and hope for the best I guess but what's the best way to show her I appreciate her

Monkeyonmyback Wed 30-Mar-16 23:02:26

How old is your lo?

It could just be a simple case of tiredness. She may just want some time to herself to remember who she was before being committed to a family.

Is this something that's come out of the blue for you or have you sensed anything else before she said she wanted a break?

Seeyalater Thu 31-Mar-16 02:50:30

I was on the mini pill and it made me hate my husband!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now