To think that Twinings Lady Grey tea changed flavour?

(6 Posts)
centigrade451 Wed 30-Mar-16 12:04:05

Lady Grey has always been a staple in our home as I love the tea.

The last six months I have experimented with own label Lady Greys at M&S and Waitrose. I had really missed my Twinings Lady Grey but I just didn't have space so waited til the others finished.

I bought it yesterday and took it home and made it and I was like WTF? It tastes completely different to how it used to - it tastes almost identical to the M&S one which I thought was not very good at all. I feel like it is missing a key flavour, but I am not a tea expert so I can't figure out which one. Even DH noticed (without me telling him) and he is usually oblivious.

Am I the only person to notice this?

walchesterweasel Wed 30-Mar-16 12:10:41

Me too ! I've just opened a new box after a spell on coffee and I thought I'd put the wrong tea bag in the mug, definitely something awry

Andrewofgg Wed 30-Mar-16 13:01:58

I'm glad it's not just me. I'm obviously having delusions in good (MN) company.

BananaInPyjama Thu 31-Mar-16 03:54:30

All of Twinings now tastes like dishwater.
I despair of finding a good Earl Grey teabag.

glueandstick Thu 31-Mar-16 05:36:56

M&S decaf earl grey has been my saviour during pregnancy. But I agree, the twinnings lady grey has changed. And not for the better.

QuerkyJo Thu 31-Mar-16 07:52:03

I agree, I thought it was just me. I now drink F&M Countess Grey which is much nicer.

The only way I can use up my existing Twinnings is to disguise it with lemon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now